Sr. IT Business Coordinator DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Acts as a liaison between IT and specific business unit to ensure operational and strategic alignment between each. Evaluates new applications, tools, training, and evolving business needs to recommend appropriate solutions and alternatives. Supports Business Development to scope and estimate IT cost and technical approach for proposals. Under general supervision, and occasional direct supervision, performs assignments requiring experience and knowledge of standard concepts within their field. Displays core job competencies by analyzing possible solutions using standard procedures while developing advanced skills.
Must be able to keep up with rapidly changing computer technology and work well with the team. This role must be able to research and analyze existing solutions as well as solve complex problems requiring detailed knowledge of field and industry best practices.
Responsible for the project-oriented delivery, organizational design, and ongoing support of business processes that relate to design of information technology, applications, and network systems. Uses experience and problem-solving skills to develop and improve processes and solutions. May provide guidance to less experienced team members. Skills required for this job are typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree and 5+ years of experience. BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Act as a trusted liaison with IT and Business Unit personnel to deliver desired solutions
- Support Project mobilizations and demobilizations, as well as full life cycle support.
- Resolve, or work with technical teams to resolve, complex problems brought forth by Projects and users
- Coordinate with Business Unit and IT to accumulate and report information as requested
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical and functional needs
- Participate in Business Unit and IT Leadership meetings. Report IT activity to the Business Unit and Business activity to IT.
- Ensure defects in products, services and solutions are tracked and addressed
- Travel to various office locations and events frequently to meet and support customers
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS OR TRAINING:EDUCATION:
- Naturally inquisitive with aptitude to learn and apply solutions quickly
- Experience with supporting US Government contracts
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn quickly, think logically and understand abstract relationships
- Thoroughness and an acute attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related degree is preferred.
- 5+ years' experience in a similar role, information technology or information management
Degrees, professional licenses/certifications, credentials, and previous employments are verified before an offer of employment is extended.Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Posting ID: 552791677Posted: 2020-05-21