TechStyle Fashion Group is currently looking for a Sample Coordinator
for our Production Team.
As theSample Coordinator
, you will work with a Production Team to manage a high volume of Salesman Samples (SMS) and maintain the most updated status of all samples. You will work in collaboration with vendors as well as cross-functional teams to request, track, review, and pass-off samples. The ideal candidate for this role would be a deadline and results-driven person who is self-motivated and responsible with the ability to work well in a fast-paced, team environment.
This position will report to the Production Manager Key Responsibilities:
- Consolidate sample requests from internal stakeholders, in order to send requests for Salesman Samples (SMS) to import vendors
- Coordinate with the onsite sample room to produce SMS locally when needed
- Track ETAs according to factory confirmations, maintaining the most updated status each week for sample arrivals
- Check-in, review, and distribute samples and to key stakeholders in cross-functional teams
- Work with calendar deadlines to ensure samples are requested in a timely manner, following up consistently to ensure on time arrival
- Manage and organize a high volume of samples, working with 3 months of collections concurrently
- Affect changes and updates made to the assortment by maintaining updated requests and ensuring that vendors are aware of what styles, colors, and quantities are needed, as well as due dates.
- Work in a team with another coordinator to ensure all samples are hung and reviewed for handoff
- Communicate to internal stakeholders in advance for samples that may be at risk to meet deadlines for upcoming photo shoots.
What Are Our Core Values?
- 1 + years of experience in the fashion industry, experience with samples preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be technically savvy, especially with Web Apps, Microsoft Office (especially Excel), and Google Docs
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fasted paced environment
- Light lifting and using a dolly for packages will be required
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience preferred
We believe living these 7 cornerstones will make us successful:
- Be Passionate: Love your craft, contribute your ideas, foster debate, take initiative, our members feel this come through everything we do.
- Be Great at Your Job: Demonstrate the specific areas of technical excellence appropriate to your level and role, contribute relevant developments from your field to keep us cutting edge, share knowledge, and teach others.
- Be Entrepreneurial and Accountable: Make responsible decisions as if it were your own business, continually improve how we work and what we offer, follow-through on deliverables, proactively managing expectations, hold others to a high standard, minimize bureaucracy, respond effectively to change, challenges and the pace of our business, take ownership for our success, keep our members in mind.
- Do the Right Work: Manage your tasks to meet your deliverables, organize your time so you can succeed, understand how your work impacts the business, think strategically to solve the right problems, proactively raise questions and issues that need attention, prioritize the most important work to help us achieve our goals.
- Be a Team Player: Pitch in when needed, listen to others' concerns, identify dependencies within and across teams, be aware of your impact, keep others informed, collaborate effectively to ensure collective success.
- Learn and Grow: Stretch and challenge yourself to keep learning, ask for help, apply feedback, look for where you can improve, keep developing in your role, continually increase your contribution to results.
- Let's Not Take Ourselves Too Seriously: Work hard, but keep it fun and light-hearted, no ego, make this a great place for each other, be yourself, inspire others' best, help us not take ourselves too seriously, have a positive and constructive attitude.
TechStyle is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/PV/D (minority, female, protected veteran, disability)
Posting ID: 552791894Posted: 2020-05-21