Please complete this application when you have time to go from start to finish. Application details cannot be saved along the way, and you must complete and submit the application in one sitting. If you leave your computer and return later, you may time out. REMINDER: Current DCSD employees must apply through their district log-on, this application is for external candidates only!Job Posting Title:
Teacher - Grade 3 (Apply directly to Platte River Academy. Do NOT apply online with DCSD)
Job Description:Platte River Academy, a K-8 Core Knowledge charter school in Highlands Ranch, is currently seeking a full-time Elementary teacher for the 2020-2021 school year.
Platte River Academy maintains high expectations for its students and teachers. We are in search of a qualified 3rd grade teacher who is passionate about supporting all learners' academic growth in a caring and cooperative classroom.
Position Specific Information (if Applicable): Responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience
- Create daily plans for students based on a sequenced year plan of the content.
- Demonstrate flexibility and creativity in response to students' needs.
- Provide timely written and verbal feedback to students in relation to their completion of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate solid competencies in Literacy, Writing, Math, Science, and Differentiated Interventions.
- Maintain classroom expectations and routines that promote cooperation and respect among all students.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Integrate PRA's available technology into learning activities for students (Google docs, iPads, Chromebooks).
- Possess a familiarity with the Core Knowledge Sequence of topics, and engage in collaborative planning with grade level teammate and professional colleagues to plan inquiry-based learning experiences.
- Consistently follow the outlined curriculum provided while including opportunities for students to learn and practice 21st century/essential skills.
- Work alongside colleagues to meet students' academic and social/emotional needs.
- Establish relationships with students, parents, and colleagues in support of all students' growth and success.
- Actively participate in all aspects of the PRA community.
- Model and promote PRA's core values: Respect, Responsibility, Integrity, and Compassion.
- All candidates must have a valid teaching license issued by the Colorado Department of Education and be Highly Qualified to teach Elementary/Early Childhood ages.
- A willingness and commitment to work with a team
- Effective communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- A willingness to grow professionally and personally
- Experience in or knowledge of charter schools/Core Knowledge is a plus
- 185 - day work year per 2020-21 school calendar
- Annual At-will Employment Contract
- Beginning base salary: $42K min (increased per qualification and experience)
- Pay for Performance Plan - Up to $2500 awarded
- PERA; Medical/Vision/Dental (Cigna); Life; 56 Hrs PTO
To apply, please attach a letter of interest, a current resume, and three professional references (including most recent supervisor/evaluator) to an email addressed to: Becky Bonner, Director of Academics (email@example.com )
Applications accepted until May 10, 2020.
Certifications:Teaching License - Colorado Department of Education
Education:Bachelor's Degree (Required)
Position Type:Charter School
Primary Location:PLATTE RIVER ACADEMY
One Year Only (Yes or No):No
Scheduled Hours Per Week:40
Approx Scheduled Days Per Year: (260 days indicatesa year-round position. Time off [or Off-Track Days] are thengranted based on the position. Any exceptions to the normal off-track time will be noted in the Additional Position Details section above, as scheduled work days.)
185 Work Days Minimum Hire Rate: (Based off a full-time FTE; if applicable, part-time salaries will be prorated)
$1.00 USD Annual Maximum Hire Rate: (Based off a full-time FTE; if applicable, part-time salaries will be prorated)
$75,000.50 USD Annual
Full Salary Range: (Based off a full-time FTE; if applicable, part time salaries will be prorated)
$1.00 USD - $150,000.00 USD Annual
Closing Date (Ongoingif No Date Specified): Please note that the posting will be closed as of 12:01 am on the day specified (if applicable).
June 3, 2020