L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Senior Specialist, Integration and Test EngineerJob Code: SAS20200303-42401Job Location: Fort Wayne, INJob Description:
L3Harris Corporation is seeking an Operations Integration and Test Engineer/System Test Architect who will lead system test related activities on proposals, programs and prototype hardware for space applications. These activities include, but not limited to, initial concept and development of system test programs for radiometric imaging and non-imaging space vehicles. Essential Functions:
- Experience in generating concepts for and guiding development of system testing of space-based optical instruments.
- Generating system test documentation and directing support personnel in the day-to-day execution of the system test readiness tasks.
- Must have strong program leadership skills and space system development execution expertise.
- Responsible for managing large, complex project initiatives of strategic importance to the organization, involving large cross-functional teams.
- Oversees and coordinates high visibility system test efforts, including formal cost / schedule / technical responsibilities and system readiness reviews which include direct customer interface.
- Planning and requesting manpower / equipment / process resources.
- Experience working with Systems Engineering and other engineering functions to provide compliant, best value solutions for customers.
- Interfacing with design engineers and suppliers to ensure hardware is producible.
- Planning and supporting the build and modification of system test equipment in the areas of procurement, assembly method/test procedures generation, tooling design, process development, facilities / equipment planning and the resolution of manufacturing, quality, and reliability issues.
- Supporting process improvement initiatives of technical and operational nature.
- Supporting the root cause and corrective action process.
- 5-10% travel will be required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience in aerospace or related field. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in system integration and test of Space Systems.
- 4+ years of experience with MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-1540, NASA GEVS, and/or SMC-S-016.
- Background in the manufacturing of electronics for high reliability military and government systems.
- Background in development and low rate initial production efforts.
- Background in developing manufacturing processes and transferring those to production.
- Background in test and evaluation for space-based systems.
- Additional knowledge of MIL/IPC workmanship and performance standards related to electronic assemblies (IPC-610, IPC-620, etc.).
- Knowledge of circuit card assemblies (CCAs) and cable assemblies.
- Good communication skills including the ability to deliver effective presentations to peers, management, and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to find root cause of manufacturing process problems, workmanship defects, mechanical test failures, etc.
- Knowledge of tooling design.
- Experience in implementing lean/six sigma techniques (FMEA, DFMA, DTC, DOE and root cause/corrective action analysis).
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.