L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Engineering TechnicianJob Code: SAS20200203-42312Job Location: Waldorf, MDJob Description:
L3Harris is currently searching for an Engineering Technician who enjoys working with a highly motivated team involved in providing 24/7 operational support for mission critical systems. The candidate will work closely with other OEMs in technical climate to monitor and maintain information systems. Essential Functions:
- Shift work - rotating shifts including weekdays, weekends, holidays, and nights
- Monitor, operate, and maintain UNIX and Windows based applications
- Monitor V-Sphere virtual hosts
- Perform troubleshooting and anomaly resolution on site at a Tier 1 level
- Escalate issues to Tier 2 staff when needed and work with Tier 2 staff towards resolution of issues
- Monitor system status and network connectivity of UNIX and Windows systems
- Maintain daily logs of activity to ensure continuity of operations
Preferred Additional Skills:
- AA-AS degree or equivalent work experience with a minimum of 3 years experience supporting IT operations
- 2 year Experience with UNIX and Windows based operating systems
- 3 years experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Current TS/SCI security clearance
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks while faced with anomalies
- Experience with Solaris/RedHat Unix and Microsoft Windows Server platforms
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals
- DoD 8570 compliant, CompTIA Security+ certification
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.