Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Essential Functions: Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
Our unique approach to project delivery and ability to rise to the challenge has resulted in long term ongoing success and steady growth. To address the needs of our current projects and ensure our ongoing success, we require a Senior Track and Civil Design Engineer to join our Florida Transportation Team. Reporting to the Rail Section Leader, you will be responsible for delivering the track and civil design elements of passenger and freight rail projects working alongside a team of discipline experts.
Responsibilities will include; delivering the design elements of rail/transit projects, liaising with clients, enhancing and developing the local rail team's skills, and promoting the Jacobs brand. This role will focus on the practical application of civil engineering design for rail/ transit projects, including;
• Undertake track and civil design work for rail projects including track alignment, earthwork and grading, civil infrastructure and constructability components.
• Assume responsibility for delivering the technical and project elements of a railroad design package including design drawings, cost estimates, quantities, schedule and technical specifications/documentation.
• Maintain appropriate systems and procedures to ensure reliability, viability and auditability of design deliverables.
• Train, mentor and oversee work done by junior engineering staff.
• Play a key part in fostering and maintaining good client relationships.
• Coordination with delivery of multi-discipline rail / transit design packages, with consideration to track, civil, earthwork, drainage, structures, erosion control, utilities and signaling for delivery on time, on budget and to the required quality.
• Provide technical input to concept/detailed design work to ensure correct solutions are proposed to meet or exceed the client's requirements.
• Prepare reports, specifications and engineering calculations.
• Participate in interface coordination between design disciplines/ rail systems.
• Assist with safety in design and risk management processes.
• Participate in all interactive meetings with project stakeholders.
•Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or equivalent (Masters preferable).
•Have a minimum of 15 years of progressive rail design experience in a consultancy environment incorporating track alignment, grading, earthwork, and drainage on projects ranging from minor maintenance to mega projects.
•Be a Registered Professional Engineer in the state of Florida and hold a current NCEES record to facilitate obtaining registration in other states.
•Be proficient in MicroStation, InRoads, InRail. Experience with Bentley OpenRoads Designer preferred.
•Possess a sound analytical ability, excellent written and presentation skills.
•Have a commitment to quality and accuracy.
•Enjoy working in a team environment on challenging projects.
•An ability to assist in the preparation of design documents, drawings, technical reports, scopes of work, specifications, project definition and design criteria documents.
•An ability to provide technical support to other engineers, contract administrators and procurement officers.
•A general understanding of rail/transit systems design including civil, drainage, earthworks, bridges & structures), overhead catenary systems, signaling and communications design.
•Previous experience in delivering small to large scale multi-disciplinary engineering projects through differing procurements methods and design/development stages.
•Experience working directly on Design Build procurements with delivery partners (contractors) preferable but not essential.