L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title:Lead, Network EngineerJob Code: SAS20200503-42609Job Location: Chantilly, VAEssential Functions:
- Responsible for assisting in planning and implementing the necessary hardware, software and telecommunications equipment to maintain and/or enhance the customer's local and wide-area networks.
- Evaluate vendor products and recommend purchases consistent with the organization's short and long-term objectives.
- Recommend and implement network policies and procedures and ensure adherence to security procedures.
- Candidate will help troubleshoot, analyze, and maintain networks.
- Troubleshoot and resolve medium to complex network issues.
- Provide Tier II support for staff; may require after-hours, phone or on-site support.
- Provide in-depth knowledge and technical expertise in the areas of design, installation, maintenance, and support of network infrastructure following established methodologies and processes.
- Perform hardware scans, analysis, and documenting findings.
- Support/facilitate customer meetings and ensure compliance with project requirements.
- Perform extensive root cause analysis, problem determination and support of technical issues related to routing and switching technologies, e.g. VPN, basic router configurations, firewalls, etc.
- Self-motivation, able to work well independently and within inter-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- 5 years of hands-on experience with Juniper, Cisco, or equivalent network equipment.
- 5 years working knowledge of Layer-3, VPNs, OSPF, firewall policy, and VLAN management.
- Experience with virtual environment (e.g. VSphere and ESXi) management and configuration.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 9 years of prior related experience.
- Graduate Degree and minimum 7 years of prior related experience.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level 2 certification (e.g. A+ CE, CCNA-Security, Security + CE, Network+ CE, or SSCP).
- TS/SCI Active Clearance Required.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level 3 certification (e.g. CASP+ CE, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, or GCIH.
- TS/SCI with active Poly is highly desirable.
- Proficient in WAN optimization and QOS.
- Significant knowledge of routing protocols (e.g. EIGRP, OSPF, ISIS, BGP, and Multicast).
- Significant knowledge of LAN Switching concepts (e.g. Spanning tree, 802.1q, VTP, bridging concepts).
- Experience with Network Management tools and protocols (Wire Shark, SNMP Managers, SevOne, NetFlow, etc.).
- Vendor certifications (i.e. Cisco, Juniper, etc.) in routing and switching, firewall, IDS/IPS, and/or other network disciplines.
- VMware experience with installation, support and optimization; includes VMware vSphere 6.x vSAN deployments and maintenance/upkeep and VMware vSphere 6.x HA/DRS deployments.
- Storage technologies (SAN, Fibre Channel, iSCSI, FCoE, etc).
- Good fault isolation/identification skills; analytical skills and experience with forward/reverse chaining troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience with IP Telephony, video teleconferencing technologies, and large data walls (e.g. Cisco Call Manager).
- Knowledge of DISA STIG process/requirements.
- Previous experience supporting DoD/IC/Government customers.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.