Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Selected individual will design various roadway types, as well as perform roadway related studies, and develop related plans and specifications, all under the supervision of a Senior Engineer. Typical work includes but is not limited to the following:
• Planning and design of roadway projects for all functional classifications.
• Acts as part of a team of professionals on multiple projects. Ability to identify and solve design and construction challenges is required.
• Interacts with team members on the project and assists in the coordination of work among engineers and detailers. Strong organizational, interpersonal and effective communications skills are required.
• Preliminary and construction cost estimating. Provides input on the selection of cost-efficient solutions.
• Assists in performing feasibility studies and analysis of complex roadway facilities. General understanding of hydrologic and hydraulic modeling using HEC-RAS or other approved methods is a plus.
•Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering is required, and Master of Science Degree is a plus.
•A transportation or roadway design emphasis is preferred.
•EIT is a required.
•A minimum of 0-2 years of roadway design experience (including internships) and an ability to obtain P.E. within 2-4 years is preferred.
•Must be proficient in MicroStation, Microsoft Office (including Excel, WORD and Outlook), and possess knowledge and understanding of AASHTO LRFD.
•Working knowledge of roadway design software, including Bently and AutoDesk, is a plus.
Posting ID: 552792338Posted: 2020-05-21