EMCOR Services/Aircond, is the largest commercial and industrial heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC) service company in the Southeast. For more than 80 years, Aircond has designed and delivered comprehensive HVAC solutions to businesses seeking to enhance their productivity and efficiency. Guided by three generations of family leadership, today Aircond delivers a full spectrum of facility services to single and multi-site clients, from HVAC service to complete operations and maintenance solutions.
Site-Based HVAC Service Technician - Class IV
Services and repairs heating, ventilating, air conditioning systems, and related environmental control systems utilizing knowledge of heating and refrigeration theory, pipefitting. Will work with pneumatic controls, some digital control systems, pumps, steam and hot water systems, large and small reciprocating systems (air-cooled chillers and DX systems).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Replace or repair compressor and condenser units.
- Fabricates, assembles, and installs ductwork and chassis parts, using portable metalworking tools.
- Join tubing or pipes to various refrigerating units by means of sleeves, couplings, or unions, and solders joints, using torch, forming complete circuit for refrigerant.
- Repair or replace motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls, and circulating-ventilation fans to control panels and connects control panels to power source.
- Repair leaks, leak test & add Freon gas to build up prescribed operating pressure on all systems.
- Replaces defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches, fuses, and electrical wiring to repair installed units, using electrician's hand tools and test equipment.
- May repair and service air conditioners, ranging from one or more tons cooling capacity.
High School diploma or equivalent required. A minimum of four (4) years industrial HVAC experience. DDC controls are a plus. Candidates must possess strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills to ensure effective teamwork and customer relations. Work requires initiative, great team attitude and judgment. Computer skills in Microsoft Office and in various operating systems is a plus. Universal CFC certification is required. Must be able to climb ladders, lift and carry 50 or more pounds, distinguish colors for electrical work, use hand tools and tolerate confined spaces. Work will involve heights and seasonal temperature extremes. Proper use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required while performing tasks.
Candidates must be able to pass a background check, possess a valid driver's license and meet MVR requirements. Candidates must be available for some overtime/weekend work.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Posting ID: 552792340Posted: 2020-05-21