Under supervision, the PBX Operator is responsible for providing the highest level of guest satisfaction to members, owners and guests to ensure the continuous delivery of hospitality, professionalism, and consistency while handling all incoming telehone calls by screening, transferring, and answering in a professional, timely, and efficient manner.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensure proper standards of hospitality are provided to all members, owners, and guests on property and/or via telephone.
- Ensure all pending arrival information is accurate (i.e. check rates and prepare upcoming arrival packets with necessary materials and information.)
- Answer and direct incoming telephone calls in an accurate, efficient, and professional manner.
- Takes messages for members, owners, and guests.
- Log, deliver and monitor wake-up call requests.
- Enter service request tickets, dispatch housekeeping and engineering using radios, and follow up with guests to ensure satisfaction within established timeframes.
- Post charges as received through other departments (i.e. fitness center, housekeeping, logo shop, and laundry).
- Communicate with all internal departments including PBX, housekeeping, engineering, and security.
- Create, confirm, and cancel reservations.
- Complete special projects; stocking, listing items to be ordered, and daily bucket checks.
- May be required to perform functions of a Front Desk Agent, including check in and out members, owners and guests.
- Completes all required Company trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
- Adheres to Company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- No prior experience or training required.
- No prior supervisory experience required.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS
- This position does not include any supervisory responsibilities.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- This position does not require licenses or certifications.
This position requires the capability to understand and follow both oral and written directions as well as knowledge and usage of correct business English and office practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external customers.
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
- Recognizes an emergency situation and take appropriate action.
- Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working relation.
- Ability to interpret and create spreadsheets.
- Able to use sound judgement; work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, with impending deadlines and/or established timeframes.
- Competent in public speaking.
- Performs well with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
- Basic math skills.
- Cash handling skills (the ability to count currency, make and count back change).
Posting ID: 552792364Posted: 2020-05-21