When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals. What will you do?
- QC Checkout testing of automated control systems and sensors.
- Assembling, cabling, programming controllers and debugging automated bio-reactor systems based on Emerson DeltaV platform.
- Assembling, modifying and debugging major subsystems:
- Tru-Logic (Delta V)
- Modifying, debugging Control Towers
- SUB agitators, etc
How will you get here?Education
- Programming transmitters and controllers.
- Building cables, hoses etc. as needed.
- Building, testing and modifying Mass Flow Controller Manifolds.
- Upgrades and upgrade kits.
- Stage systems for integration and final test/QC.
- Support Integration and Factory Acceptance Testing as needed.
- Support Production Planning on Work Order requirements, parts issued etc.
- System tear down and packaging for shipment.
- Able to lift 25-30 lbs. unassisted.
- Electrical assembly, test and debug to the major components in sub assy boxes (defective: OEM components, cables, PCBA's, etc).
- Mechanical Assembly from box build to system assy levels.
- Programming OEM and internally designed electronic components (sensor transmitters, motor controller etc.)
- Troubleshooting system to below sub system level at major component level using wiring diagrams, assy blue prints etc.
High School diploma or equivalent required.
AS degree, relevant trade school diploma.
Advanced Technical Degree or related Military Training preferable. Experience:
Minimum 3 years in a similar system level testing environment.
Greater than 3 years in a similar system level testing environment preferred. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must demonstrate verbal and written communication in English.
- Ability to redline/correct released drawings and documents.
- Additional assemblies and job related duties as required.
- Read and follow: work instructions, assembly blue prints, wiring diagrams, work order BOM and routes.
- Production planning. Must understand work orders, take ownership of parts kits once issued, follow production plans and stay aligned with production planners.
- Able to use PLM documentation systems to extract product documentation.
- Able to red-line BOM's and other product documentation for review and update by engineers.
- MS Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- PC setup and navigation, keyboarding.
- Job duties may include standing, bending, kneeling, reaching overhead, lying down and elevated surfaces to access certain sections of the control systems.
- Mandatory and Job Related Finesse Standard Operating Procedures as required.
- Production floor environment.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Posting ID: 552792447Posted: 2020-05-21