Brammer Bio, LLC is a dynamic gene and cell therapy contract development and manufacturing organization that is looking for leaders to bring the highest quality processes, products and testing to our clients. Our staff members are committed to making a difference in our organization, for our client partners and the patients we serve. We seek individuals with proven competencies and strong character to help lead our organization now and into the future.
The Automation Engineering Co-op will report directly to the Automation Engineering Manager, and have activities coordinated by a member of the Automation Engineering team. The Automation Co-op will be part of a team responsible for supporting automation systems used in drug substance and drug product manufacturing, quality control laboratories, and associated support areas at Brammer Bio's Lexington, MA site. Job specific activities shall include quality, safety, and conduct-based training that is crucial to operations in a cGMP facility. Additional and more specialized training will be assigned as appropriate or needed. Some limited travel to Brammer Bio sites in Cambridge and Somerville, MA may be required, but the position is based in Lexington.
The Automation Engineering Co-op will support the organization with the following tasks depending on the project selected:
- Provide Automation support on capital construction projects including: equipment specification/selection, design reviews, DCS integration into standalone PLC islands, automation troubleshooting, and supporting overall project objectives.
- Provide DCS and/or PLC coding support for manufacturing/facility systems including but not limited to DeltaV, Allen Bradley, and Siemens.
- Use data analytics to provide direct input into Automation Engineering's improvement initiatives.
- Aid in the support of technical documentation review and revision for systems within an FDA/EMA regulated environment.
- Present a project that will encompass system knowledge and/or significant innovation will be required at the end of the term.
Experience and Skills
- Must be 18 years or older
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree program from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Completion of at least two years of study from an accredited college or university prior to the Co-op commencing
- Basic to intermediate experience with MS Word, Excel, and Visio
Key skills/desired experience:
- Degree concentration(s) in Automation/Computer/Electrical/Chemical Engineering, Life Sciences, or related discipline
- General understanding of electrical standards and local requirements and control system hardware
- Sophomore/Junior standing
- Strong leadership, communication, and organization skills
- Experience using databases, data queries, and data analysis
- Experience with systems such as ESXi, Syncade, OSI PI, Infobatch, Labwatch, etc.
- Ability to improve business operations and directly contribute to departmental goals
- General understanding of biologics manufacturing process and unit operations (bioreactors, depth filtration, chromatography, ultrafiltration/diafiltration, tangential flow filtration, viral filtration, filling operations)
- Comfortable working in a Clean Room environment
Posting ID: 552792449Posted: 2020-05-21