Brammer Bio, LLC is a dynamic gene and cell therapy contract development and manufacturing organization that is looking for leaders to bring the highest quality processes, products and testing to our clients. Our staff members are committed to making a difference in our organization, for our client partners and the patients we serve. We seek individuals with proven competencies and strong character to help lead our organization now and into the future.
The Process Engineering Co-op will report directly to the Process Engineering Manager, and have activities coordinated by a member of the Process Engineering team. The Engineering Co-op will be part of a team responsible for supporting equipment used in drug substance and drug product manufacturing, quality control laboratories, and associated support areas at Brammer Bio's Lexington, MA site. Job specific activities shall include quality, safety, and conduct-based training that is crucial to operations in a cGMP facility. Additional and more specialized training will be assigned as appropriate or needed. Some limited travel to Brammer Bio sites in Cambridge and Somerville, MA may be required, but the position is based in Lexington.
The Process Engineering Co-op will support the organization with the following tasks depending on the project selected:
- Provide Engineering support on capital construction projects including: equipment specification/selection, design reviews, instrument calibration planning, troubleshooting technical issues, and supporting overall project objectives.
- Work alongside Engineering involved in the design process; with responsibilities including equipment sizing, instrumentation, P&ID/PFD review and mark-ups, status updates, and generation of other deliverables for the process design package.
- Use data analytics to provide direct input into Process Engineering's improvement initiatives.
- Drive significant impact on the cycle time, labor intensiveness, quality, and variability of key processes.
- Present a project that will encompass system knowledge and/or significant innovation will be required at the end of the term.
Experience and Skills
- Must be 18 years or older
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree program from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Completion of at least two years of study from an accredited college or university prior to the Co-op commencing
- Basic to intermediate experience with MS Word, Excel, and Visio
Key skills/desired experience:
- Degree concentration(s) in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering, Life Sciences, or related discipline
- Understanding of general Engineering concepts and functions such as fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, heat transfer, plant design, etc.
- Sophomore/Junior standing with graduation in either 2020 or 2021
- Strong leadership, communication, and organization skills
- Experience using databases, data queries, and data analysis
- Experience using Engineering concepts on improvement projects
- Ability to improve business operations and directly contribute to departmental goals
- General understanding of biologics manufacturing process and unit operations (bioreactors, depth filtration, chromatography, ultrafiltration/diafiltration, tangential flow filtration, viral filtration, filling operations)
- Comfortable working in a Clean Room environment
Posting ID: 552792456Posted: 2020-05-21