Liberty University's hiring practices andEEOStatement are fully in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates an exception to the "religion" component of the employment discrimination laws for religious organizations (including educational institutions), and permits them to give employment preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is in that category.
Does this position require driving?
Contact Phone Ext
Job Summary/Basic Function
Working independently and exercising good judgment and discretion under the direction of Director of the Center for Teaching Excellence, designs and implements faculty development and support for technology-based teaching and learning; supports Blackboard help tickets and consultations with residential faculty, teaching assistants and graduate assistants; liaisons with Information Technology, the Jerry Falwell Library, the Center for Academic Development, and the Barnes and Noble Bookstore in planning and designing new opportunities for instructional technology classroom implementation; and coordinates the effective use of research, design, development, support, and evaluation of technology-based course delivery, teaching, and learning.
1. Remains abreast of existing and emerging technologies, processes, products, services and leading industry performance benchmarks
2. Works effectively as a team member, embracing and fostering the mission of the Center for Teaching Excellence and Liberty University
3. Designs, promotes, implements and evaluates university-wide faculty development program emphasizing systematic development and required classroom support of technology-enhanced teaching and learning effectiveness, including partnering with faculty in providing inspiration and training for those interested in new technology implementation.
4. Trains and supports new faculty in the required use of the learning management system and other optional classroom technologies
5. Consults with residential faculty having Blackboard issues and completes Blackboard Help Desk tickets
6. Develops comprehensive (individual/department/School/College) consulting services for faculty regarding the pedagogical implications of technology integration in the residential and online classroom
7. Develop documentation, tutorials, and videos that support faculty development in instructional technologies
8. Maintains/updatesCTEwebsite and Faculty Communication Center
9. Oversees video filming and editing of live professional development events, as required
10. Participates in and supports other educational programs offered through the Center and performs other duties as assigned
11. Provides drop-in support and training for university-wide initiatives, such as Top Hat, Kaltura, and Concourse.
12. Participates in technology-based task forces and committees to represent academic and faculty needs.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's in Instructional/Educational Technology or related field plus 2 years of teaching or academic technology support in a K-12 or higher education setting. Well-developed communications skills essential.
Communication and Comprehension
• Possess knowledge of contemporary educational computing and networking technologies and applications, including Blackboard learning management system
• Enthusiastic in supporting the use of technology for teaching and learning
• Possess knowledge of academic courseware and emerging trends in instructional computing and media technologies, including pairing publisher course cartridges with the Blackboard management system
• Possess strong interpersonal/human relations skills
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing in English to convey clear, well-articulated information
• Ability to maintain professional relationships
• Possess knowledge of distance learning tools and concepts, classroom technologies (Clickers,SMARTBoard, etc.), lecture capture tools, social media (blogs, wikis, Twitter and MS or Google online collaborative tools), Web 2.0 tools, and research tools and practices preferred
• Possess public communication and presentation skills that allow professional representation of Liberty University to faculty, business and community
• Possess strong organizational and time-management skills
• Intuitively able to reason, analyze information and events, and apply judgment in order to solve problems of both a routine and complex nature
• Physical and Sensory Abilities
• Occasionally required to travel to local and campus locations and professional conferences
• Frequently required to sit for extended periods to perform deskwork or type on a keyboard Regularly required to hear and speak in order to effectively communicate orally
• Occasionally required to stand, walk, and climb stairs to move about the building
• Handle materials, reach overhead, kneel or stoop in order to conduct business
Master's Degree in Instructional/Educational Technology.
M-F, 40 Hours/Week, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., or as directed
Special Instructions for Applicants
Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
- Career Advancement Form (For Current LU Employees ONLY)