Spectrum Brands - The Home & Garden business unit of Spectrum Brands is based in St. Louis, Missouri with distribution, manufacturing and sales offices throughout the US and globe. We are a leading supplier of consumer products nationally for the home, lawn and garden, insect and weed control markets. We deliver groundbreaking products of exceptional value and top-notch quality to consumers with our well-recognized brands including Spectracide, Hot Shot, Cutter, Repel, Black Flag, Garden Safe, EcoLogic and Liquid Fence.
Manage activities related to sales and relationship growth with Amazon.com. This position is responsible for the combined Pet and Home and Garden Divisions. The position includes responsibilities on both the ecommerce and digital marketing be directly tied to our categories.
Spectrum Brands is seeking a business athlete, an organized, analytical, well-spoken and detail-oriented individual to join the eCommerce & Omni Sales team to directly engage with Retail partners and internal teams. The National Account Manager (NAM) must apply a wide range of knowledge, skills and abilities to develop and implement strategic initiatives (incorporating consumer needs, marketing initiatives, negotiations, product development roadmaps, customer pilots, and supply chain innovation) to drive the performance of our brands online and offline.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, execute, meet or exceed the annual net sales and profit strategy for assigned account:
- Own the ecommerce and omni-channel strategies, utilizing the 6 ecommerce pillars (Selection, Price, Content, Search, Inventory and Marketing), focusing on long-term, sustainable growth
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Retail partners
- Continuously assess strategies and adjust strategy or execution as needed
- Create "Think Big" opportunities, align customer strategies with internal business plans
- Identify consumer-centric opportunities that can be addressed through innovation and collaboration with assigned retailer
- Continuously assess retailer's programs to determine participation levels
- Drive internal support and partnerships to develop retailer centric critical capabilities
- Make and champion recommendations to ensure internal client media and external brand activities are executed to support overall account objectives
- Influence total Spectrum Brands Omni-channel strategy:
- This role will recommend enhancements to existing plans as well as develop nascent strategies to grow total market segment share
- Maintain the Omni-channel foundation
- Develop and deliver distribution, promotion, merchandising, and pricing strategies
- Identify selection and marketing gaps with Pet:
- Analyze the selection opportunities, including B2B, bundles, and product innovation to drive incremental growth in the category; bridge marketing need with PHG capabilities
- Partner with internal teams to:
- Manage day to day execution and maintain retail partner account
- Achieve or exceed base reliability metrics (in-stock, fill rate, compliance, etc.)
- Communicate retail partner business results:
- Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual updates; this includes tracking for retail partner sales and ecommerce pillars metrics as well as "Think Big" strategic project updates
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relationships in all functions
- Understand partner expectations and align Spectrum capabilities
- Attend customer meetings and trade conferences as appropriate
- May coordinate activities of National Accounts with Field Sales Managers in other regions and with internal senior management
- Assist in developing consumer insights:
- Integrate with our brand/marketing team to aggregate consumer and retailer insights to develop new insights into shopping behavior and product development
- Share best practices across customer teams:
- Work across our internal teams to leverage best practices and economies of scale
Education and Experience Profile
An equivalent combination of:
Preferred Education and Experience Profile
- 5-7 years of experience
- BS/BA degree or relevant classroom experience in ecommerce, brand management, financial analysis, retail buying and/or planning, product/project management, or marketing
- BS degree in Finance, Economics, Supply Chain, Marketing or equivalent. MBA Preferred
- Prior direct account management (including negotiations) with com preferred, but not required
- Experience in one of several fields: ecommerce vendor management, ecommerce consultant, marketplace management, or Brand Manager at a leading consumer packaged goods company
- Prior digital experience including (Ex. social, SEO, content health scoring, and 3rdparty/retailer platforms).
- Prior experience with digital media and seller platforms such as Google, Amazon and Walmart Media.
- Prior experience with data analysis, senior level presentation, ambiguity management, and account/vendor management is preferred
- Strong bias for action
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Utilization of data to develop strategies
- Experience working with syndicated data, and customer-based POS information
- Consumer-centric vision
- Strong presentation skills
- Prior large scale, multi-facet negotiations
- Innovative thought leadership
- Working conditions are normal for a flex-office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.