Under general supervision the Grounds Technician ensures that the landscaping and grounds are maintained to acceptable levels at all times.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conducts daily rounds of planters, shrubs, bushes, plants and flowers to ensure they are weed free, neatly trimmed, and ground cover is adequate.
- Sweeps and cleans common areas such as parking garages, parking lots, sidewalks, and stair wells.
- Removes trash from common area bins.
- Cleans and power washes pool decks (as applicable).
- Maintains floor of engineering shop.
- Operates blower, power washer, trimmer, mower, and general garden tools.
- Completes all required Company trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
- Adheres to Company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Less than a high school education accepted.
- No prior training or experience required.
- No supervisory experience required.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATION
- This position does not include any supervisory responsibilities.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- This position does not require licensing or certifications.
This position requires the capability to understand and follow both oral and written directions as well as knowledge and usage of correct business English and office practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external customers.
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
- Recognizes an emergency situation and takes appropriate action.
- Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working relation.
- Able to use sound judgment; work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Posting ID: 552792658Posted: 2020-05-21