The Security Manager plans, directs, and coordinates activities relating to the protection, safeguarding, and security of the Company assets, team members, members, owners, and guests. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for ensuring that proper security coverage exists at all times.
- Responsible for ensuring the property is guarded against fire, theft, vandalism, and illegal entry.
- Responsible for knowing and practicing safety, fire, and emergency procedures.
- Ensures safety/fire inspections are performed.
- Conducts training and coordination concerning the Company's policies, procedures, and emergency response plan.
- Responsible for tracking and investigating internal and external losses and will provide accurate and timely investigative reports to corporate and management.
- Reviews incident reports to ensure that they are completed in a timely manner and written in a clear and concise format.
- Administers the resort's safety committee and will ensure that regularly scheduled meetings are held, as well as, the deficiencies are noted and corrected.
- Responsible for coordinating repairs, maintenance or projects regarding the resort's security or safety equipment with outside vendors or contractors.
- Responsible to manage departmental budget.
- Authorizes and plans Security activities and schedules.
- Reviews, revises and updates security policies or procedures as they become necessary, or as instructed by management.
- Responsible for responding to member, owner, or guest issues in a timely manner.
- Ensures availability 24 hours a day in the event of an emergency.
- Responsible for tracking and submitting resort security statistics to the regional security director, or their designee, annually.
- Completes all required Company trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
- Adheres to Company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in the security field required.
- A minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience required.
This position provides immediate supervision to direct reports. Oversee and controls the work performance of others in a close working relationship, often in the same room or close proximity. A portion of the time may be spent performing individual tasks similar to those performed by direct reports. May participate in the interview, selection and training processes as assigned. May be responsible for assigning work to direct reports, reviewing results in accordance to policies and procedures, and providing recommendations to management.LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- OSHA-30 Hour Occupational Safety and Health Certificate.
- CPR/AED Certification (Adult, Infant, and Child Rescue).
- Driver's License (non-commercial) - must be state-specific.
This position requires the capability to understand and follow both oral and written directions as well as knowledge and usage of correct business English and office practices.
Must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external customers.
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to interpret and create policies, procedures and manuals.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
- Recognizes an emergency situation and takes appropriate action.
- Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working relation.
- Ability to interpret and create spreadsheets.
- Able to use sound judgment; work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, with impending deadlines and/or established timeframes.
- Competent in public speaking.
- Performs well with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
Posting ID: 552792680Posted: 2020-05-21