What you will do
Our continued growth has produced a need for a talented Suppression Systems Sales Executive to join our team. In this challenging and rewarding role the responsibilities will include professionally representing the Company with respect to the promotion and sale of Fire Suppression service offerings to various customers and end users within assigned territory and accounts. This is a Field Sales Representative position responsible for selling suppression systems, products, and services to assigned customer base (including but not limited to kitchen hoods and other pre-engineered systems, Inergen, Co2, Sapphire, and other clean agent systems).How you will do it
What we look for
- As a Sales Representative you will manage the entire sales process, from uncovering opportunity, developing solution/value proposition, preparing design, creating contract, negotiating terms, closing opportunities, and providing on-going customer service through service delivery.
- May specialize on project type, customer type (contractor/bid or end-user), or sales strategy (new or existing customers).
- Work with other sales, technical, design engineering, service, support, and management to meet customer needs.
- Support the Service Department towards achieving customer excellence, as well as working with other departments to generate leads for service or equipment / device upgrades. Arrange for and/or coordinate delivery and installation.
- Assume Account Representative / Account Management responsibility including the provision and/or coordination of services (installation, customer training, etc.) to assure complete customer satisfaction.
- Determine customer needs and develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of company product offerings.
- Conduct building surveys to support the development of estimates.
- Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog that will support achieving the designated sales plan.
- Develop financial justifications, prepare proposals, make presentations, and perform necessary follow-up for successful closing of the sales.
- Develop a positive ongoing relationship with customers to ensure that Johnson Controls is meeting their requirements to ensure long-term customer loyalty.
- Close sales to meet or exceed sales plan objectives.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems in regard to delivery dates, billings, financing and other related matters.
- Maintain established accounts through regular customer contact in pursuit of additional sales.
- Perform periodic market investigations within as assigned territory to develop new applications; provide sales forecasting for assigned territory.
- Maintain correct and complete records of all sales related activities.
- Submit all required sales reports, expenses, competitive activity and correspondence in an accurate and timely manner.
- Highly Self-motivated and success driven
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail, excellent communications skills and ability to persuade and close sales required.
- Must have the ability to handle a variety of situations encountered during sales process, disciplined to work with limited supervision, and work as port of a team.
- Ability to achieve sales quota, as well as implement service sales strategy to exceed goals.
- Ability to make cold calls and follow-up.
- Able to work accurately with numbers.
- Ability to obtain appropriate licenses required by national, state and local codes.
- One to Three Years of Sales Experience in a business with a proven successful record of accomplishment that is verifiable or a recent college graduate with 1-2 extra-curricular activities or internships with roles demonstrating entrepreneurial and/or leadership abilities.
- Computer experience including familiarity with Word, Excel, and job costing systems, Microsoft and Oracle programs preferred.
- Knowledge of Fire Suppression industry.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in a technical or business discipline or equivalent experience in the fire suppression business.
- Experience with a CRM tool is a plus.
- What you will get
- Extremely competitive salary
- Lucrative commission plan based on your efforts
- Company car
- Comprehensive benefits package including 401K, medical, dental, paid holidays and 15 days of vacation first year
- Extensive product and sales training
- Supportive and collaborative team environment
- Extensive resources
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.
Posting ID: 552792743Posted: 2020-05-21