Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow. Position Summary
Working with other members of our Program Management Team to provide support to the City of San Mateo Clean Water Program (SMCWP). The position is a member of the program support team who will provide assistance to the Program Manager and individual project teams regarding forecasting, change management, cost management, project budget analysis, project earn value measurement tracking, risk management, proposals, cashflow and reporting tools.
Performing client management / interfacing / updates / presentations at all levels of management. Project Cost Controls partners with Project Managers to ensure complete awareness of project cost, risks and provide alternative strategies for mitigation / opportunities. Jacobs Engineering Group utilizes advanced Enterprise System platforms and data analysis solutions to support service excellence. Responsibilities include:
- Perform the controls for the Program and all associated projects.
- Manage the overall program cost controls and reporting function.
- Interface with other project team members, including Engineering, Construction, Procurement, Office planning, IT, Accounting, Economics and Finance, Tax, Contracts and Legal, to facilitate compliance with execution strategy and objectives with cost efficiency.
- Provide status reports and related project reporting analyses to company and client management.
- Identify problems and coordinate with the project team to correct and ensure work is being coordinated between the other departments and offices to meet project cost requirements.
- Prepare various project cost controls plans and reports, financial summaries, and related activities for project management on assigned projects.
- Manage work processes, and procedures for cost management.
- Evaluate projects at each stage of development to ensure cost and financial activities of the project team inclusive of ensuring client/contractual obligations have been met.
- Review contract drafts and related terms & conditions to ensure they meet project cost controls requirements and coordinate development of data in support of contract compliance.
- Prepare, coordinate, and deliver project cost controls presentations to internal management and to client, as required.
- Thoroughly understand the principles of cost control, planning/scheduling, and estimating.
- Develop and maintain productive cross-discipline relationships within the project team.
- Proactively monitor and communicate budget, actual status, and forecast costs/labor hours for projects.
- Consolidate performance data to support performance measurement, data analysis, and cost forecasting.
- Develop accurate and timely project cost forecasts.
- Assist in the development of project work plans and schedules.
- Evaluate and review contractors cost reports, invoices and progress reports.
- 12+ years of project cost controls
- Experience with Primavera 6 resources loading is preferred.
- Experience working on various projects to include coordinating and executing project issues. Also prefer those candidates with program related experience.
- Specific experience in cost engineering functions, including cost estimating, cost control, change management and cost analysis
- Experience in project controls, commercial operations, with emphasis on project controls and financial issues
- Skills with Excel Macro level, Databases(MSAccess), Power BI and dashboard development, desirable.
- BS/MS in an Engineering or Construction Sciences Discipline preferred
Posting ID: 552792868Posted: 2020-05-21