What you will do
Manage representative sales activities in your territory by utilizing account management strategies, hosting sales and promotional events, and supporting all aspects of customer satisfaction.How you will do it
What we look for
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Educates engineers, contractors and code officials located in the respective territory. This includes the features, benefits and application of the products.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Compiles trip reports and follow-up on specific action items listed in these reports. Circulates management and appropriate support personnel.
- Resolves customer disputes. Provides closure, minimizes repercussions, and looks for opportunity to grow future sales when involved in these disputes.
- Works with Product Marketing personnel to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Listens and reports related news including competition, new products and new markets.
- Coordinates customer visits.
- Participates in local and national product shows.
- Works with product development & engineering for customer specific applications of product. This includes writing sales plans and reviewing major project progression.
- Maintains familiarity with the competitor's products by providing competitive product research that will be used to help create definitions for new product development projects. Research includes: (1) competitive price analysis; (2) competitive performance analysis; (3) feature accessory analysis; (4) overview of strengths or weaknesses compared to competitors.
- Meets with key clients, assists sales representatives with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Participates in industry related association committees
- Develops strategies both macro and micro to maximize business potential.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Identifies and finds solutions to field application problems using experience and other departments as resources.
- Develops and presents presentations
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Sales/Marketing, Engineering or Business Management
- Three (3)+ years experience in the HVAC industry (preferably within the air distribution market) and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Approximately 40-50% travel required.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Posting ID: 552792921Posted: 2020-05-21