What you will do
Leads moderate to complex projects that generally have been assigned a medium to high corporate priority. Provides subject matter expertise for Sprinkler installation projects in areas including project management, project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, resource allocation, and facilitation. Maintains control of schedule, cost, safety, quality, and customer expectations/satisfaction at all times. Presents to management and/or customers on project updates, project cycle, and expected results. Manage vendor relationships throughout the installation. Ensures projects are closed on time in scope and within budget.HHow you will do it
What we look for Required
- Project Managers are responsible for managing Sprinkler projects in commercial, educational, healthcare and industrial facilities, positively representing the company in all client and architect/engineer interactions.
- The PM oversees and communicates project progression from inception to completion including design, permits, material delivery, labor schedules, and field installation.
- Develops a comprehensive project plan to meet schedules and budgets. Conducts Work in Progress meetings.
- Understands and follows all published codes, standards, and unique project specifications.
- Ensures Authority Having Jurisdiction requirements and departmental procedures are followed. Convey a sense of professionalism, fairness, and concern for customers, labor and management.
- Coordinates change orders and drives toward overall margin improvement on every job.
- Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate and to meet the customer's needs.
- 5 Yrs Sprinkler Field experience of a technical nature
- Ability to deal in a matrix structure, dealing with conflict resolution issues
- Ability to juggle multiple complex projects
- Must be able to attend early morning and late afternoon meetings in the greater Boston and Cambridge area
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, both with internal and external customers.
- Possess a strong and active working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and Project). Be able to create tracking spreadsheets, reference data in other spreadsheets and create macros.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and self-motivating.
- Ability to read and understand complex building architectural, mechanical and electrical documents.
- Knowledge of standards, Underwriter's requirements and applicable building codes.
- Bachelors in Engineering or Construction Management
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.
Posting ID: 552792930Posted: 2020-05-21