Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs is in need for a Senior Construction Manager to manage multiple power utility infrastructure replacement and repair projects. This position will be part of an integrated team working to rapidly complete projects on behalf of our utility clients.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate and supervise power utility construction projects.
• Oversee specialized contractors and other personnel.
• Schedule and coordinate all construction processes so that projects meet design specifications.
• Ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget.
• Work closely with other specialists, and a variety of IBEW representatives.
• Preparation of construction cost estimates, budgets, and work timetables.
• Interpretation and explanation of contracts and technical information to other professionals.
• Reporting work progress and budget matters to clients
• Collaboration with project managers, architects, engineers, and other construction specialists.
• Respond to work delays, emergencies, and other problems.
• Comply with legal requirements, safety, construction codes, and other regulations
•Undergraduate degree in business, construction science, building science, or construction engineering.
•10+ Years of Construction Management experience
•Electrical Utility Infrastructure experience highly desired
•Candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills
•Experience with Unifier, SAP, and Ariba a plus
Essential Functions: Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
Posting ID: 552792945Posted: 2020-05-21