I. Basic Purpose:
Responsible for assuring the smooth, timely, safe and effective nursing care of all patients in diagnostic imaging, as specified by established practices and procedures of the hospital and Imaging Services. Assists non-nursing personnel within the department and provides education and guidance regarding all aspects of patient care.
II. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
2. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
3. Maintains a high degree of communication with all Imaging staff, physicians and other departments in order to ensure appropriate patient care. Promotes a strong relationship with other nursing personnel for follow-up of patient care.
4. Assists with technical staff and student orientation to clinical procedures.
5. Collects and analyzes clinical data required to complete Radiologic procedures. This data may include but is not limited to: physical assessment, patient and family interviews, observations and consultations with other healthcare personnel. Conducts preliminary patient screening for Imaging Services. Performs patient and family education as needed.
6. Assists Radiologists and other hospital physicians with interventional procedures and treatments. Recommends to nursing staff the implementation of follow-up patient teaching in specific areas as needed to facilitate post procedure recovery.
7. Assists with maintenance and care of department equipment and supplies; communicates any problems or requests for supplies to appropriate supervisor. Investigates and reports any unsafe condition related to equipment or facilities.
8. Participates in activities relating to Radiology and nursing quality assurance; actively participates in CQI processes and work teams.
9. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops. Attends departmental meetings on a regular basis.
10. Administers medications as needed, under the direction and orders of a credentialed physician, adhering to all established hospital policies and guidelines.
11. Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to position as mandated by Martin Health System.
12. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):
To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following requirements:
Graduated from an accredited nursing program; Bachelor's Degree with a Major in Nursing, preferred.
Current/Active State of FL RN License required - Primary source online verification required directly from State of Florida Licensing database.
Current acceptable CPR certification required: American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider OR American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer OR American Red Cross Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers; ACLS certification required or to be obtained within 6 months of hire or transfer into the position.
Minimum of 1-3 years critical care experience preferred; IV skills.
Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posting ID: 552793006Posted: 2020-05-21