I. Basic Purpose:
Performs a variety of general environmental services tasks to maintain rooms, offices, hallways and other assigned areas of the hospitals, including the Main Medical Center, Martin Hospital South and Tradition Medical Center. Operates mechanical floor equipment, polishers and vacuums; buffs, strips, waxes and polishes floors.
II. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
2. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
3. Sweeps and mops the tunnels and loading dock areas.
4. Maintains the cleanliness of the courtyards and waste container staging areas.
5. Gathers, sorts and disposes bio-hazardous and general waste materials.
6. Removes waste and soiled linen from work area and places in specified bags or containers.
7. Retrieves and store backboards as required.
8. Moves furniture and other heavy objects as required.
9. Operates mechanical floor equipment, polishers and vacuums. Buffs, strips, waxes and polishes floors.
10. Maintains the cleanliness of mechanical floor equipment, polishers and vacuums.
11. Dust mop and wet mop rooms, halls, stairways and public areas.
12. Shampoos rugs and furniture. Cleans vents, fans and other equipment using vacuum machines.
13. Cleans fixtures, tops or windows, door frames and high areas, using a safety ladder when necessary.
14. Hangs and takes down cubical/window curtains as requested.
15. Performs the duties of the EVS Aide as required.
16. Attends educational programs and in-service meetings as required.
17. Duties may require access to secured medication rooms. While working in medication rooms, does not handle or remove medications. Ensures room is secure at all times and takes precautions to ensure that patients, family members, and general public do not enter medication room for any reason.
18. Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to position as mandated by Martin Health System.
19. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):
To effectively fulfill the requirements of this position, a candidate can have less than a high school diploma; on-the-job training provided. Candidate must be at minimum 18 years of age in order to work with heavy equipment and bio-hazardous materials, as is legally required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posting ID: 552793013Posted: 2020-05-21