I. Basic Purpose:
Under the general direction of the Manager of Imaging Services, oversees Ultrasound department operations, as well as personnel functions. Responsible for establishing and communicating all policies and procedures. Maintains quality assurance records and documentation and assures smooth and efficient work flow of the department. Performs Ultrasound procedures.
II. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
2. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
3. Develops or revises policies and procedures as needed. Maintains departmental reports and collects statistical data for administrative and regulatory purposes.
4. Selects, orients, trains and assigns departmental staff. Responsible for personnel scheduling, assignments and call rotations.
5. Evaluates performances and makes recommendations for personnel actions
6. Functions as a liaison between physicians, technologist and support staff. Establishes and maintains communication within the department and with other departments within the corporation.
7. Ensures consistent delivery of quality Ultrasound services, and acts as an informational resource where necessary.
8. Reviews, updates and creates technical protocols for studies performed in the department.
9. Checks equipment, supplies and accessories on a regular basis. Maintains appropriate levels of stock. Notifies service of any equipment malfunctions or problems.
10. Performs and shares duties of Ultrasound Technologist III as required. Assists with patient scheduling as needed.
11. Maintains orderly and clean work environment; provides a safe environment for all patients and staff. Assists with transport and patient transfers, when necessary.
12. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, inservice meetings and workshops.
13. Attends meetings on a regular basis. Participates in performance improvement activities as required.
14. Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to position as mandated by Martin Health System.
15. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):
To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following requirements:
Successful completion of an accredited program in Ultrasound;
ARDMS registered in either OB or ABD, according to ACR guidelines (for external candidates)--Primary Source Verification through ARDMS.org required.
Current acceptable CPR certification required: American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider OR American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer;
Minimum five years experience as an Ultrasound Technologist; supervisory experience recommended.
IV. Physical Requirements: (Imaging Tech)
Essential physical demands, occurring occasionally (up to 33% of the workday) include: lifting up to 20 lbs. overhead and to shoulder height, carrying 10-15 lbs., lifting up to 20 lbs. to waist level, push/pull up to 45 pounds, bending, kneeling, squatting and twisting .Walking, reaching, handling, grasping, and standing are constantly required (67% to 100% of the workday) . The Associate must be able to assist in lateral transfers and standing pivot transfers. Independent decision-making is required. Mental concentration is very important. Working with precise limits of accuracy is also required. The percentage of total job that is repetitive is 75%.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posting ID: 552793015Posted: 2020-05-21