I. Basic Purpose:
Performs diagnostic medical radiographs under the direction of the Supervisor and Manager/Director of Imaging Services.
II. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
2. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
3. Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, performance improvement measures, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
4. Reviews charts, requisitions and physicians' orders to determine appropriateness of patient examinations. Obtains pertinent patient information; performs patient and family education as needed.
5. Performs radiographic examinations including general and portable radiography; assists Radiologists with fluoroscopic procedures.
6. Checks equipment, supplies and accessories on a regular basis. Communicates any problems or requests for supplies to appropriate supervisor.
7. May inject patients with contrast media under the direct supervision of a radiologist upon successful completion of phlebotomy training.
8. Maintains orderly and clean work environment; provides a safe environment for all patients.
9. Assists with patient transport to and from the department as required.
10. Responsible for direct supervision of radiology students assigned to work area.
11. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
12. Attends department and hospital meetings as required.
13. Assists clerical and film loan areas as directed. Hangs films in reading areas as requested.
14. Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to position as mandated by Martin Health System.
15. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):
To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following requirements:
Candidate must have successfully completed an accredited program in Radiologic Technology.
Active status as a registered or registry-eligible Radiologic Technologist with the ARRT;
Current/Active State of FL CRT License required - primary source online verification required directly from State of Florida Licensing database.
Current acceptable CPR certification required: American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider OR American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer OR American Red Cross Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers. ACLS, PALS, NRP certification as applicable.
Must demonstrate competence in a variety of simple and complex radiographic examinations requiring thorough technical knowledge.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posting ID: 552793032Posted: 2020-05-21