Description Do you want to Build Something Amazing?
- Are you a mover and shaker?
- Dreamer and doer?
- Do you have a passion for customer service and thrive working with a creative and energetic team?
- Do you have passion for leading and mentoring others?
If so, La-Z-Boy has the perfect home for you. With an emphasis on self-motivated and energetic employees with a commitment to excellence, our people are what drives us forward. The amazing individuals La-Z-Boy hires helps us to remain a prevalent household name while also reinventing the furniture industry, one recliner, living room, or home at a time.
La-Z-Boy is looking for creative, enthusiastic leaders with a customer-first mindset to be on the forefront of the customer experience. Out retail stores aren't focused on hectic checkouts or keeping hundreds of products on the shelves. Our goal is to provide customers with a memorable, unique, and personalized experience that they won't find anywhere else.
Taking pride in our work with the communities we serve is also of utmost importance to La-Z-Boy. Company culture extends past corporate offices and encourages all employees to get involved in volunteerism, sustainability efforts, and participating in La-Z-Boy-sponsored charity events.Ultimately, La-Z-Boy is looking for individuals who are excited about making houses into homes.
Responsible for achieving store sales goals by utilizing exceptional customer service and knowledge of La-Z-Boy products and services. Strives to build long-term customer relationships that will lead to increased sales and profitability. Lead the selling team to achieve sales objectives, store standards and other duties to run a world class operation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:Sales Culture and Promotions:
- Drive Sales to consistently achieve store sales goals by personally selling the furniture and accessories and services offered by La-Z-Boy
- Team with Store Manager, Designer and selling team to promote In-Home Design Sales program and drive store sales
- Maximize store promotions, marketing initiatives, and grass roots programs
- Hires, trains and retains the highest quality team members who exhibit energy and enthusiasm
- Coaches to the Company selling model with the passion to drive real action
- Uses the Company metrics to coach the proper behaviors needed to be a world class selling organization
- Create an environment where the store team is empowered to deliver excellent customer service aligned with company processes and standards and where they are encouraged to achieve company goals
Store Standards / Operations:
- Train, coach and develop selling team on product knowledge and selling skills to achieve store sales goals
- Create a positive and exciting working environment for all store associates
- Hiring and developing talent, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent
- Utilizes Company resources to keep associates up to date on product knowledge, selling skills and operational efficiencies
- Leads with the highest ethical standards and demands the same from their teams
- Ensures associates are provided the necessary tools to perform job responsibilities
- Coach and counsel team based on results including completing performance reviews
Effective Manager on Duty (MOD)
- Champion and role model the La-Z-Boy selling process (Comfort Process) by overseeing the interaction with each and every client within the furniture gallery
- Know what is happening on the floor at all ti Be willing and able to jump into every sale and close it
- Show a sense urgency, enthusiasm and excitement with the staff and customers
Customer Experience Excellence:
- Adhere to operational procedures and guidelines outlined by the Company and other duties assigned by the Store Manager
- Accurately complete order information, collect deposits and fees, keep orderly customer records, and research customer payments and deliveries
- Responsible for opening and closing of the store
- Maintain store cleanliness, appearance, and standa This includes, but is not limited to, maintenance of showroom displays, tagging, and facilities
- Ensure that each La-Z-Boy customer has an informative and positive experience by using good customer service skills, knowledge of products and services and product demonstrations
- Make sound business decisions to deliver customer satisfaction and promote team environment
- Is intolerant of any lack of customer caring by the staff
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor's degree in Business or related field is preferr
- Three (3) to five (5) years sales experience with a proven track record of success is preferred
- Previous supervisory experience is a preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communication, customer service, and organizational skills
- Initiative to meet assigned goals, missions and objectives
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and build rapport
- Ability to effectively manage time and conflicting priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work the schedule and hours dictated by business needs, to include evenings, weekends and holidays
Responsible for leading the selling team. An Equal Opportunity Employer
La-Z-Boy Incorporated and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers that support and subscribe to a policy of nondiscrimination in all aspects of employment. La-Z-Boy will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable laws.