We have the honor and responsibility of working in food – a critical infrastructure industry during this time of global crisis. We are working around the clock to keep inventory flowing to our retailers and to help feed the world. We are hiring at many of our manufacturing facilities…this is a great opportunity for those who are now available due to hours being cut at their regular job or being sent home from college temporarily.ACTIVITIES:
- Assumes personal responsibility to insure safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and, incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks.
- Adhere to Quality work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety and quality.
- Perform driving assignments and related functions as directed by dispatch on time with no cargo loss or damage.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations relating to the operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
- Comply with hours of service regulations.
- Perform proper pre-trip, on-the-road trip and post-trip inspections as required by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and company guidelines and complete company vehicle inspection report forms, ensuring vehicle and trailer are in safe operating condition.
- Inspect cargo to ensure proper loading, securing and weight distribution of said cargo before and during trip. Protect cargo against shifting, damage and /or theft.
- Assist in loading and unloading of cargo if necessary.
- Ensure proper carton, case or pallet count and report shortages to dispatch.
- Communicate all variances to scheduled pickup and delivery appointments promptly so the company can notify the customer and take corrective action as needed.
- Sign and complete all paperwork including Driver's Daily Logs, trip reports, and bills of lading or any other paperwork accurately and submit it promptly.
- Must be courteous, cooperative and respectful at all times and contact the immediate supervisor to handle any conflicts that do occur.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Valid CDL (Class A) license with Tanker endorsement.
- Be familiar with all state and federal regulations pertaining to the operations of a commercial vehicle.
- 2+ plus of tractor trailer and/or yard switching experience.
- Ability to crank landing gear/dolly legs up or down
- Ability to interact with customers/people in a professional manner
One year certificate from college or technical school or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups, customers/vendors or employees of the organization.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Obtain PIT certification and use motorized power jacks and/or hand jacks as needed
- CDL Driver's license