I. Basic Purpose:
Performs a variety of routine duties related to the preparation and serving of food; cleans kitchen area and cooking utensils.
II. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
2. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
3. Sets up and serves patient trays in accordance with established schedule and procedures.
4. Cleans the kitchen area (including sweeping and mopping of floors) and cooking utensils.
5. Carries dishes and foods between kitchen and serving lines.
6. Operates dishwasher to ensure all dishes and utensils are clean.
7. Prepares cold food items for patient trays.
8. Prepares coffee and urns for food service.
9. Prepares, loads, transports and cleans food carts.
10. Collects, processes, and disposes of trash, cans, bottles, and similar debris and transports to disposal area.
11. Serves on tray assembly line in assigned position.
12. Prepares and delivers supplies to areas within the facility.
13. Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
14. Maintains department records, reports, and files as required.
15. Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings.
16. Attends meetings as required.
17. Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to position as mandated by Martin Health System.
18. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):
To effectively fulfill the requirements of this position a candidate may have less than high school; on-the-job training; ability to follow written and oral instructions and follow established procedures.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posting ID: 552793054Posted: 2020-05-21