Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow. Position Summary
At Jacobs, our structural engineers are responsible for the structural design of new structures as well as structural renovations and additions. Our engineers design unique and challenging projects, and perform investigations to make expert recommendations to clients for various purposes.
- Perform structural analysis and calculations using various building materials: concrete, steel, masonry and timber.
- Generate structural drawings, specifications, reports, and other project deliverables while working
- with the structural engineering team and other disciplines within the project team. Think independently to
- draw engineering conclusions and make technical decisions and complete assigned work.
- Perform assignments requiring application of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and building codes.
- Attend meetings with clients and promote positive client contact with current or prospective clients.
- Participate as a team member, contributing ideas and possible solutions, and leading on issues where appropriate.
- BS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering required
- Working knowledge of Building codes including IBC, AISC, ASCE and ACI.
- Working knowledge of structural engineering software such as ETABS, SAP, RAM, RISA and Enercalc
- Experience with Revit and AutoCAD required
- 15+ years of experience in the structural analysis and design of building structures
- California Professional Engineering (PE) registration required
- MS degree in Structural Engineering is preferred
- Structural Engineering (SE) license is a plus
Jacobs will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Posting ID: 552793081Posted: 2020-05-21