What you will do:
Under general direction of Area General Manager and Senior Director, Complex Customer Sales, delivers planned business results for Complex Security Owner direct sales across all domains, and all contract types in priority accounts. Lead strategy and initiatives to increase JCI share of wallet for security capital and operating spend in priority Owner accounts. Coaches, mentors and motivates direct sales reports to achieve targets or plans leveraging role based results, objectives and activities for leading and lagging metrics. Responsible for execution of account management and account coverage strategies required to improve productivity and capacity. Works collaboratively with Area / Local Construction Sales leaders, Owner Sales Leaders, Vertical Market Directors, and Connected Technologies Sales Leaders across all domains. Ensures adoption of cross selling, commercial sales practices, owner sales processes, and sales tools. Ensures the local market size and sales capacity requirements are understood and planned staffing activities occur to cover priority Owner accounts. Coordinates with Senior Director, Complex Customer Sales, AGM's, Human Resources, Talent Acquisition and Operations to achieve growth, margin expansion and capacity targets. How you will do it:
1. Delivers planned business results through developing a high performing sales group with expertise in both Account Management and Security products / offerings. Will have responsibility for growth in all contract types in priority accounts for assigned Areas.
2. Supports sales leadership in the development of the local market plans, growth objectives, and staffing plans required to achieve the annual sales goals.
3. Oversees account prioritization, salesperson segmentation and account assignment, to maximize our capacity, productivity and cross selling across domains.
4. Coaches and mentors sales direct reports to increase sales productivity through, one-on-ones, observed / coached sales calls, account management, STAR reviews, and Critical Opportunity Reviews on target projects.
5. Proactively develops and leverages success plans and performance improvement programs to improve accountability and results.
6. Collaborates with Strategic Account Sales Managers, to capture JCI share of wallet for all HVAC, Fire and Security offerings and products in priority accounts.
7. Ensure Account management practices including STAR reviews, account plan reviews, and customer quarterly business reviews are completed according to account priority. Engages in customer and account planning meetings to model best practices and bring insight. Acts as Executive sponsor for appropriate Key Accounts and conducts C Level meetings as required to build relationships and gain customer loyalty.
8. Lead cadence meetings to achieve expected sales activity levels weekly. Ensure best practices such as lead sourcing, salesperson ride-a longs, weekly goal meetings and service team alignment are in place.
9. Provides direction, training and analytics to achieve expected margins on every line of business and contract. Shares market factors that influence price, value propositions, and analytics to achieve desired results.
10. Champions new products and services as they are introduced to increase JCI value creation and generate long term service tail with priority customers.
11. Support local marketing efforts, including regional and local trade shows, participation in relevant industry associations, advertising, and public relations.
12. Assists in identifying and developing hi potential sales talent. Works closely with sales leadership to ensure personal development plans, mentors and experiential learning is available as needed to accelerate career growth.
13. Supports Commercial Sales Practices, Sales Builder and BEST sales training for Security Sales team.
14. Responsible for using CRM and sales analytics to bring insight to sales teams to improve our chance to win projects, grow accounts and also improve sales performance overall.
15. Adhere to and drive Johnson Controls core values. What we look for:Required:
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related field, MBA preferred.
- Minimum seven years of Sales management experience of an owner direct sales channel in the security, technology or IT / IP Industries.
- Demonstrated knowledge of security marketplace, account management, reoccurring service, and relationships with key players in the market.
- Prior sales management experience. Demonstrated use of CRM systems to manage sales process and funnel
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.