Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow. Position Summary
Jacobs, the ENR 500 leading international architecture and engineering design firm is expanding its full-service downtown Denver buildings group. We are looking for professionals who are passionate about creating the next generation of sustainable facilities to solve public and private facility requirements. The work shapes the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities with award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery services. Jacobs provides employees with outstanding growth opportunities delivering global solutions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for design of building Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning systems (HVAC) and plumbing systems for a variety of building types, including projects for airports, Federal DOD, mission critical, data centers, higher education, laboratories and other commercial projects.
At Jacobs our Mechanical Engineers provide a range of skills as part of an integrated building services design. The engineer will be responsible for providing system design: calculations and other related design services including coordination with the designs of other trades (architectural and engineering / internal and external) under the guidance of more senior technical staff. The Engineer will take ownership of the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the work assigned to you. Individuals in this position must demonstrate the ability to progress from basic design work assignments to more complicated and involved projects working in conjunction with a technical team.
Duties include the production of analyses, calculations, contract documents and specifications. Daily activities include one or more of the following:
- Prepare drawings detailing the system designed
- Select equipment and fixtures for use in the building
- Visit project sites including conducting field inspections and documenting existing conditions.
- Processing RFI's and Submittals
- Prepare and document Energy compliance calculations and forms
- Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines and architects
- Support senior engineer and/or senior designer in the on-going determination of project scheduling requirements, manpower requirements, and project budgets
- Bachelor in Architecture Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years' related design experience is required
- EIT is preferred, PE is a plus
- LEED accreditation is a plus
- Proficiency with Revit is required. Familiar with AutoCAD is a plus.
- Working knowledge of building load calculation software is a plus
- Working knowledge of energy simulation software is a plus
- Attitude of taking independent initiative, exhibiting creative problem-solving, eagerness to learn, while remaining dedicated to teamwork required
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way, both in person and in writing required
- U.S. Citizenship is required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.