What you will do
This position is responsible for providing vision, leadership and direction for the fire inspections in the local district office. Responsibilities include supervising fire alarm inspectors and sprinkler inspectors, developing business strategies, and implementing action plans to meet the districts objectives and drive profitable growth of the Fire Service business, including embracing the company programs, identification of life safety deficiencies and recommendations.
How will you do it
What we look forRequired
- Oversee fire alarm and sprinkler inspectors' day-to-day tasks, recommend new hires, promotions and provide assistance in performance evaluation and training of technicians.
- Make sure all inspections are scheduled timely and completed on schedule.
- Work with inspections dispatch and Systems Integrity Representative in reviewing deficiency inspection reports.
- Make sure deficiencies are properly followed up on as outlined in the company Deficiency Program.
- Instruct and ensure inspectors are correctly completing Service Requests with proper coding through communicative devices, such as laptop computer and/or hardcopy. Ensure that a customer signature is obtained upon completion of all assigned calls.
- Ensure that all company manuals, vehicles, tools, equipment, etc. are maintained by all inspections teams in accordance with Company procedures and policies and in a professional manner.
- Ensure that effective performance measures are assigned, and that employees are motivated to achieve and exceed objectives in a professional, timely and quality manner.
- Revenue Responsibility: Responsible for implementing plans, programs and process designated to meet and exceed growth and objectives while maximizing market potential for Planned Service Agreements.
- Customer Satisfaction: Responsible for assisting leading inspection teams in developing and maintaining processes and cadence to deliver customer satisfaction through effective and timely delivery of inspections. Ensure contractual obligations are fulfilled on a timely matter, with the goal of increasing the satisfaction of the customer experience.
- Productivity Improvement: Monitor District Service productivity and improve productivity. Assess manpower needs to support delivery of contractual obligations (direct and subcontract employees).
- Employee Development: Identify existing team strengths and weakness and accordingly have a plan to coach and develop each individual team member to reach their potential. Effectively work in a matrix structure by always striving to maintain open communication channels and addressing conflict resolution issues timely and respectfully to all parties involve.
- Safety Compliance: Support Company and Area safety initiatives. Observes the day to day operations to ensure employees are following appropriate safety procedures, and addresses immediately any inconsistencies. Ensures that all corporate polices associated with affirmative action and equal employment opportunities are fully implemented, managed and monitor for compliance.
- Two year Associate degree in a technical field, such as electronics or electricity, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in the fire protection/life safety industry.
- NICET Level II Certification
- Must be able to effectively communicate with employees, employers, customers and authorities having jurisdiction in English both written and verbally.
- Proficient in use and application of personal computers including Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of applicable fire regulations and codes (i.e. NFPA, state regulations, etc...)
- Must obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and local codes.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment security, drug and background check.
- Minimum three (3) years of management experience, preferably in a similar industry.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers
Posting ID: 552793136Posted: 2020-05-21