Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell's Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy's Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.Job Duties:
This position is located in Kansas City, MO.You Must Have:
- Assists in the design, re-engineer and/or project/process management of new and current products, programs, components and tools under technical guidance of higher level Engineers or departmental management
- Develops manufacturing and measuring methods which designate tooling, gages, acceptance equipment, and processing procedures
- Defines and acquires tooling, gaging and other equipment necessary to design, prototype, manufacture, and inspect parts to assure product quality
- Conducts audits to anticipate, identify, and correct problems and to measure quality levels and trends
- Interacts with customers, suppliers, and internal organizations to assist in resolving design, development & production issues
- May perform other duties as required
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to ""stop"" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified
- Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified
- U.S. citizenship (to obtain and maintain government security clearance)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited Engineering program
- Two or more years of experience in engineering or technical activities
- At least one year of electrical engineering design experience
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics is preferred
- Obsolescence or re-engineering design experience highly desired
- PCB design layout experience preferred
- Power electronics experience preferred
- JOB ID: req226138
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road,Kansas City,Missouri,64147,United States
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Posting ID: 552793140Posted: 2020-05-21