I. Basic Purpose:
This position is accountable to monitor Martin Health System (MHS) premises/electronic equipment signals using closed circuit television screening, access control, alarm monitoring, and coordinate communication services and dispatching of personnel as necessary.
II. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
2. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Leadership and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
3. Coordinates activities in receiving and issuing communications on telephone, internal radio, public address system, and network devices.
4. Receives incoming calls, dispatches proper personnel and equipment to scene of emergency.
5. Screens ambulance calls to determine type of call and priority. Schedules, and dispatches proper personnel for ambulance, wheelchair and courier services after business hours, weekends and holidays. Communicate with associates via telephone, radios and alpha pagers. Issue run numbers and gives directions to ambulance, wheelchair vans and courier vehicles. Knowledgeable about Martin and St. Lucie County geography and road network.
6. Monitors electronic equipment signals indicating location of fire alarms, patient medical emergency and all other emergencies, per Emergency Operations Plan (EOP).
7. Monitors premises using closed circuit television screening; dispatches personnel to scene when necessary.
8. Accurately documents all incidents and resolution of same utilizing Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) software and CESI Incident reporting system.
9. Ability to analyze situations quickly, effectively and determine proper course of action.
10. Ability to work under pressure and react quickly with control to emergency situations.
11. Reports malfunction of equipment in a timely manner; arranges for repair and maintenance as required.
12. Adheres to codes and requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies (i.e., Joint Commission, AHCA, NFPA, etc.).
13. Maintains Operational Security (OpSec) and patient confidentiality at all times.
14. Interfaces with all levels of personnel, departmental contacts (patient or visitor), coworkers and members of the community as a personal representative of the corporation.
15. Assists in care and maintenance of departmental equipment and supplies.
16. Assists in updating departmental material as requested. Must be proficient in the use of Command Center equipment, databases and software (i.e., Fire Panels, CCTV, Winpak, Dispatch, Epic, and Live Process).
17. Attends in-service programs and staff meetings and actively participates in department huddles as required and department improvement initiatives.
18. Enhances personal and/or professional development through educational programs classes.
19. Must answer all phone calls in a professional manner and remain alert and ready to answer routine and emergency calls for service at all times.
20. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):
Basic Computer Skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook) required
Competency in CCTV, monitoring, alarm, and desktop computer systems preferred
Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities