Launch innovations in nearly every commercial and defense aircraft platform
This position is located in Kansas City, MO
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell's Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy's Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security.
While CMM programming experience is critical to this role, the actual job title is Inspector, Tool & Precision Gage. This role requires someone who can demonstrate a strong working knowledge in mathematics, specifically trigonometry. As an Inspector, Tool & Precision Gage, you will inspect tools, molds, sub-assemblies, design gages, test stands, fixtures, templates, set-up devices, and related items for material, completeness and conformance to drawings or other applicable specifications. You will inspect product as required by inspection request forms, first piece part, tool made samples, prototypes and other piece parts which may be used to evaluate and approve development and manufacturing processes.
Summary of Duties:
- Works with Engineers, and Engineering Shop personnel.
- Works from prints, specifications and other written documentation.
- May be required to perform inspection work without use of design gages, drawings, or specifications.
- Requires knowledge of Tool Design, Tool Room and Engineering Shop Operations.
- Makes precise measurements which may involve accumulative and calculated dimensions. Sets up and operates inspection instruments, including multi-axis computerized measuring machines.
- May program inspection computer tapes on piece parts, gages, fixtures or other related items.
- Must be able to analyze and interpret data and perform identification and paperwork related to the task.
- Responsible for complying with applicable provisions of Article 19 Environment, Safety, Health and Good Housekeeping of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Inspects product/fixtures/tools/etc..
- Monitor & Verify Quality
- Perform other job duties as necessary
YOU MUST HAVE
- US Citizenship needed in order to obtain and maintain required US Dept. of Energy "Q"-level security clearance.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 year Technical Degree, or 3+ years of relevant CMM programming or manufacturing experience.
- Work experience with shop mathematics including geometry and trigonometry.
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience of Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) programming.
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) programming
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and related software.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of inspection techniques and processes.
- 2-4 year technical degree with college coursework in Calculus.
- JOB ID: req227237
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: 14520 Botts Road,Kansas City,Missouri,64147,United States
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.