I. Basic Purpose:
The HVACR/Mechanic installs, repairs and maintains all ventilating, refrigeration, cooling, ice making equipment, and air conditioning systems and equipment throughout the assigned home campus at moderate to difficult level. This positions must have a basic understanding of Building Automation and associated controls. In conjunction with HVACR duties, maintenance tasks of all natures can also be assigned. Works under general supervision.
II. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
2. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
3. Maintains established departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance and safety standards.
4. Inspects and performs preventive maintenance on ventilating, refrigeration, cooling, and air conditioning systems and equipment to ensure all are functioning properly.
5. Has basic working knowledge of building automation systems and programming.
6. Installs new equipment and systems. Repairs and maintains current equipment and systems as needed.
7. Maintains and repairs systems; test efficiency of system; balances systems and makes adjustments as necessary. Consults with Manufacturer's representatives for technical support.
8. Maintains control of all Freon and ensures compliance with respect to Freon releases to the atmosphere. Maintains compliance with current codes and regulations in all aspects of HVAC maintenance, repair and replacement.
9. Provides customer support by offering advice and in-services to staff on proper use of equipment. Communicates with vendors, technicians, managers and other internal customers regarding scheduling of maintenance and repairs, status, installations and follow-up.
10. Must have basic working knowledge of variable frequency drive systems.
11. Performs general maintenance duties such as wall repairs, painting, life safety inspections, light to moderate plumbing, med gas repairs, ceiling tile replacements, light electrical including bulb/ballast replacements, and other duties as assigned.
12. Coordinates with Supervisor to determine work request priorities and order necessary supplies. Assists with communication to vendors regarding pricing, ordering, and delivery of parts and supplies.
13. Provides cost estimates for internal bids and reviews commercial bids. Assists with pricing research and provides cost estimates for parts, supplies and equipment.
14. Prepares purchase requests and receives supplies and material related to projects to insure timely project completion. Maintains proper inventory of supplies and replacement equipment.
15. Coordinates and provides oversight of work performed by contract workers and laborers.
16. Maintains department records, reports, and files as needed. Updates plans and drawings with changes to maintain current "as builts".
17. Participates in "on call" coverage as required
18. Continuously observes and monitors building, work environment and work projects to maintain compliance with all applicable codes, regulations and corporate standards. Takes immediate action to report any perceived violations.
19. Provides first response to disaster/emergency situations by assisting the affected area, as described in departmental procedures.
20. Uses hand tools, power tools and electronic equipment associated with accomplishing the work of the position described above. Maintains tools and equipment in good working order. Returns tools to designated storage areas after use.
21. Keeps work areas orderly, clean and safe. Applies proper safety procedures in the use of tools, machinery and supplies, including the use of appropriate safety equipment and apparel.
22. Assists with other Facilities Engineering projects as needed performing general, routine maintenance and servicing operations as well as special projects throughout the corporate facilities.
23. Participates in educational programs and inservice meetings, and completes paperwork documenting attendance.
24. Attends meetings as required.
25. Duties may require access to secured medication rooms. While working in medication rooms, does not handle or remove medications. Ensures room is secure at all times and takes precautions to ensure that patients, family members, and general public do not enter medication room for any reason.
26. Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to position as mandated by Martin Health System.
27. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):
To effectively fulfill the requirements of this position a candidate must have a high school education or equivalent. The candidate must have 7 years of practical experience or Trade/Technical School and 4 years of experience preferred. A current Refrigerant Recovery Universal Certificate is required upon hire or within 90 days of hire. The candidate must have a current Florida Driver's License. Position also requires the ability to read and comprehend instructions and correspondence as well as technical manuals, MSDS documentation, drawings, and schematics. A high degree of mechanical and electrical aptitude is essential. Ability to perform somewhat complex mathematical problems related to the position. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to communicate effectively, present information, and respond to questions from all levels of personnel. Good customer service skills are required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities