Under direct supervision handles and maintains the flow of materials and products on the premises according to established guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Physically handles materials used to construct components and finished products to ensure movement of such items is optimized; lifts, carries, stacks items as needed.
2. Operates motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment, some of which may require specialized training.
3. Responds attentively to training from foreman or more senior handlers in order to increase own knowledge of work processes.
4. Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve safety procedures.
5. Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge of and ability to use motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment
Knowledge of safety procedures while performing materials handling tasks
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED). This is an entry level position where incumbent will receive on-the-job training. WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The work environment and physical activity described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o Work is performed within a production environment, subject to temperature variations, hazardous chemicals, mechanical parts, increased noise levels and dust.
o Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds frequently and on occasion up to 80 pounds.
o May be required to perform specific tasks that involve climbing, lifting, pushing or kneeling.
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214)765-3990 or email:ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com. Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish
- Job Family PROMFG
- Pay Type Hourly
- Salinas CA Home Center - 1250 Abbott St (93901), 1250 Abbott St, Salinas, California, United States of America