We at Crate and Barrel want to ensure we help our customers, love, how they live, in the moments that matter. At our Distribution Centers, we begin to instill that feeling with every package we carefully pick, pack, and ship to our customers homes and into our award-winning stores. Our assortment includes more than 13,000 SKU's between each of our 3 brands; Crate and Barrel, CB2, and Crate and Kids. We are curious and ask ourselves is there a better way to do this? As part of the team here, you'll ensure every product we sell online or in-stores is delivered on-time and with quality, ensuring our customers are amazed and delighted with their selection.
- Maximize the company growth and profitability by performing the highest level of wood, finish, frame and/or expert upholstery repairs.
- Determine damage and defects versus inherent characteristics of furniture to identify a course of action for the merchandise.
- Correct the defects and perform the highest level of wood repairs, refinishing, spraying and/or upholstery to meet quality standards for customer merchandise.
- Complete all paperwork in order to chargeback vendors for repairs to offset the cost of labor.
- Move open furniture, merchandise, supplies, and/or boxes repetitively.
- Follow the loss prevention and security guidelines to minimize inventory shrinkage and profit loss.
- Promote a culture of respect and an atmosphere of teamwork in order to foster a positive working environment.
- Abide by the established dependability guidelines to maintain business productivity.
- Listen actively and effectively.
- Clearly communicate in both verbal and written form.
- Establish open and two way conversation with all associates.
- Maintain and enhance the self-esteem of others.
- Ask for and give clear and constructive feedback.
- Adhere to company safety guidelines to prevent personal injury and product and facility damage.
- Apprenticeship with a wood and/or upholstery craftsmen required
- Complete understanding of furniture construction and assembly required Knowledge of hand tools and finishing techniques required
- Ability to move and/or lift up to 65 pounds; heavier merchandise with team assist
- Proficiency in English language skills (reading, written and verbal)
- Basic math skills required
- Must work effectively as a team member
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent preferred
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Posting ID: 552888310Posted: 2020-03-13