Labor & Employment Associate Attorney
Napleton Automotive Group owns and operates 55 retail automotive dealerships in eight states. Our group employs 3,500 people nationwide and has rental car facilities, body shops, and a large real estate portfolio as well. Napleton is ranked number 17 out of top 150 automotive groups in the U.S. for 2019 based on new car volume.Job Summary:
Provide in-house legal counsel on labor & employment related matters, which will include, but not be limited to, human resources issues, wage and hour law including prevailing wage compliance, leave and disability, workers' compensation, unemployment, state agency claims, labor relations, employee benefits, employment agreements and policy related issues, executive compensation, and employment-related litigation, grievances and arbitrations.Job Responsibilities:
- Provide advice and counsel to management regarding compliance with existing labor and employment laws and new legislation.
- Litigating employment cases, including wrongful termination, harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and wage and hour matters.
- Taking and defending depositions on often complicated labor and employment matters.
- Provide representation for the Company before state and federal administrative agencies, including the EEOC, state and local human rights agencies, the Department of Labor, OFCCP, other labor and employment related agencies, as well as in mediations and arbitrations under Company's local union grievance procedures.
- Assist with Labor Union negotiations and the management/resolution of grievances.
- Advising on contract status, legal risks, and the legal liabilities associated with different company activities and transactions.
- Managing and coordinating with outside counsel and controlling the company's legal spend.
- Provide advice and counsel on labor related aspects of mergers and acquisitions.
- Reviewing, analyzing, negotiating and drafting employment contracts, termination agreements, settlement agreements, employment releases, labor contracts, and other labor and employment contracts and related documentation.
- Researching and anticipating unique legal issues that could potentially impact the company.
- Law Degree required.
- Member in good standing with the Illinois Bar; Bar license also in Florida preferred, not required.
- 5-7 years of significant and substantive experience in labor and employment law.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in the practice of employment and labor with emphasis on NLRA / union issues, Title VII, ADEA, ADA, FMLA, USERRA, FLSA, and employment-related torts and litigation.
- Must provide strategic high-level legal counsel as a partner to senior business leaders and HR professionals.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Self-confident, self-directed, solution-focused and collaborative personality.
Posting ID: 552888560Posted: 2020-05-22