Position Overview: The Retail Store Manager's goal is to operate a clean, safe, and profitable retail convenience store where customers like to shop and employees like to work. The Store Manager works closely with the Area Supervisor and the Corporate Office to recruit and manage a strong team, offer a wide variety of products and services in a progressive retail environment, and develop long-term relationships with their customers and employees. Must be minimum eighteen (18) years of age to sell tobacco and lottery products and twenty-one (21) years of age to sell alcohol.
Position Classification:Full Time
Position Reports To:Retail Supervisor
Position Manages:Assistant Managers, Customer Service Representative, Deli Manager, Deli
Clerks, Retail Food Service Manager
Minimum Education:High School diploma or GED preferred. Basic computer skills required.
Must be able to speak, read and write in English.
• Ability to lift, push, pull, and carry boxes and /or equipment weighing up to 50 pounds;
• Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time (90%), Sitting (10%);
• Ability to climb, balance, reach, grab, stoop, crawl, bend, and crouch for extended periods;
• Ability to use close, distant, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and visual focus.
• Ability to smell and identify odors;
• Ability to clearly hear and interpret voice commands and telephone communications
1. Recruit, provide training for, and manage all employees.
2. Represent Little General in a professional manner with all employees, customers and vendors.
3. Fully understand Little General policies and procedures as defined in the Manager's Manual.
4. Communicate and enforce all handbook and Company policies.
5. Schedule labor in accordance with federal wage and hour regulations.
6. Provide employee coaching and document progressive discipline when required.
7. Ensure that all store premises and equipment are clean, secure, safe, and properly maintained.
8. Promote enrollment and regular participation in all Loyalty Programs. (Plenti, BP, etc.)
9. Inventory, promote, display, and price the appropriate variety of products and services to produce
projected sales and profits.
10. Safeguard and manage all store funds, merchandise, and gasoline inventory.
11. Work in cooperation with Food Service Manager to share building maintenance.
12. Reduce operating costs by monitoring and managing all controllable expenses.
13. Complete and transmit (via computer) all required reports and documentation in a timely manner.
14. Report any problems to Retail Area Supervisor.
15. Submit ideas and suggestions for operational improvement to Manager's Advisory Board.
16. Other duties as may be assigned.
Posting ID: 552888710Posted: 2020-03-13