Opened in 1973, ArchCare at Ferncliff Nursing Home is located on 36 beautiful acres of the former Astor family estate just outside the historic village of Rhinebeck. Our goal is to provide the best possible experience through holistic care that addresses not only the residents' physical needs, but their social, psychological, emotional and spiritual needs as well.
Under the supervision of the Food Service Director/Supervisor, the food service aide works in conjunction with the cooks in preparing resident meal trays and special dietary requirements, along with serving food to residents, visitors or staff. The Food service Aide is also responsible for nourishment preparation, dishwashing and preparation of tray service for the next meal.
- Prepare food listed on the daily posted menu in a timely fashion. Ensure that daily prepared meals are properly set with attractiveness and appeal to the resident.
- Transport meals to units and serve to residents in accordance to meal schedules.
- Complies with long term care regulations and written dietary procedures and policies.
- Assists in receiving and storing of incoming food and supplies. Reports food and equipment needs to Chef/Manager.
- Communicates and cooperates with staff, resident and their families.
High School Diploma or equivalency
Experience in Institutional food preparation is preferred.
1 year experience in food services or customer service related desired.