To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provides supervision for clinical operations and acts as liaison for management support services. Directs and supervises the work of Patient Care Services associates hospital wide. Provides leadership, acts as role model for staff, rounds throughout the hospital, promotes adherence to Standards of Professional Behavior and HRO/CHAMP behaviors. Assists in conflict resolution, supports the process of critical thinking for associates, and promotes a patient focused environment to enhance safe quality patient care. Collaborates with Bed Management for the placement of admissions and transfers in accordance with the clinical standards and guidelines. Ensures appropriate utilization of clinical services and resources.
- 1. Serves as clinical resource to nursing staff either through direct application or securing the assistance of others.
- 2. Assists staff members in crisis situations, providing clinical, emotional and managerial support.
- 3. Builds and maintains constructive and collaborative relationships among all members of the health care team
- 4. Supports management objectives and demonstrates knowledge and support of both hospital and system initiatives
- 5. Assists in resolving conflicts, assists in problem solving through interdisciplinary involvement.
- 6. Works with department staff and nurse managers to adjust resource allocations using the staffing matrixes.
- 7. Manages the appropriate use of beds and clinical services in collaboration with Bed Management using surge criteria as needed
- 8. Assumes responsibility for own professional development
- 9. Collaborates with Clinical Resource Nurses to support hospital and system initiatives.
- 10. Supports tissue and organ procurement teams as needed.
- 11. Demonstrates the ability to provide a safe environment for self, staff, and patients.
- 12. Assists in the direction of support services, giving feedback to appropriate manager.
- 13. Communicates pertinent and significant clinical and operational information to oncoming Assistant Director of Nursing or Management Representative.
- 14. Communicates pertinent information to the Administrator on Call.
- 15. Assists with achieving patient experience goals through instituting service recovery and investigating and responding to patient complaints when requested.
Graduate of an Accredited Nursing Program, BSN preferred. Will consider candidates with completion of BSN within 3 years.
Minimum 3 years acute care hospital experience. Critical care experience preferred. Demonstration for potential for management and leadership by previous experience and education.
Valid State Of Ct Registered Nurse License
Excellent Interpersonal Skills Essential. Demonstrated Problem Solving And Critical Thinking Skills Required. Additional Information
YNHHS Requisition ID