Airgas, an Air Liquide Company, is a safe, stable, and exciting place to work with great benefits and opportunities for advancement. Excellent Work-Life Balance - M-F hours. Paid vacation, sick, and holidays.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handle the loading, unloading and delivering procedures necessary to transport cylinder gases and hard goods to area branches and plants.
- Drives truck to destination. Prepares receipts for load picked up
- Maintains truck log, according to state and federal regulations
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions. Loads and unloads truck
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, water and others as required
- May perform emergency roadside repairs such as light bulb replacements
- Secures cargo prior to and during transit
- Works safely and meets the requirements of all safety procedures and rules as prescribed by State, Federal, and the Company
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum of 1 year of Commercial Driving Experience. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess valid Class A Commercial Driver's License with hazardous material and tanker endorsements and no air brake limitation.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit while making deliveries; use hands to finger, handle, or feel while making deliveries; reach with hands and arms; talk to or hear customers; and smell leaking gas from cylinders. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance. The associate must regularly lift up to 60 pounds and move more than 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision; depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Overnight travel may be required, depending on the delivery sites.We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. To view the EEO is the Law poster, click here. Airgas, an Air Liquide Company invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company's written Affirmative Action Plan or Policy Statement. This plan or policy statement is available for inspection upon request by contacting Human Resources at 855-269-5732.Airgas, an Air Liquide Company and its group of companies, does not discriminate against qualified applicants with disabilities and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to the known disabilities of such individuals so as to ensure equal access to benefits and privileges of employment. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.