The Nursing Assistant is responsible for assisting the professional nurse/caregiver in the delivery of patient care, transporting patient and/or equipment, setting up and maintaining patient rooms, and the reordering and stocking of supplies. The Nursing Assistant does not work autonomously but works under the direction of a professional nurse. The Nursing Assistant may be given a patient care assignment based on unit needs and the discretion of the manager/charge nurse Department
: Med/Surg Orthopedics Shift
: Evening, every other weekend. Hours
: 3:00 pm-11:30 pm
Provides basic patient care by performing routine duties to include:
- Personal grooming, bathing, toileting, Feeding,
- Skin care needs (clean and sterile dressing changes), applying ointments/creams,
- Oral hygiene,
- Specimen collection/testing,
- Changing linens,
- Promptly answers call lights.
Assists nurse in monitoring patient condition.
- Accurately takes and records weights, input/output, blood pressure, temperature, pulse rates, respiration, oxygen saturation.
- Places patient on/off monitors or equipment.
- Reports unusual findings to the RN in a timely manner.
Assists with admissions, transfers, and discharge of patients.
- Orients patient/family to environment.
- Assures the patient's belongings are accounted for, documented upon admission, transfer and discharge.
Transports patients, equipment, specimen and supplies.
- Assures patients get to appointment on time.
- Uses transfer belt when assisting patients with transfers and/or ambulation.
Cleans sets up, and maintains rooms and equipment.
- Orders and stocks supplies.
Correctly documents tasks performed on appropriate form. Organization Expectations, as applicable:
Demonstrates ability to provide care or service adjusting approaches to reflect developmental level and cultural differences of population served
- Partners with patient care giver in care/decision making.
- Communicates in a respective manner.
- Ensures a safe, secure environment.
- Individualizes plan of care to meet patient needs.
- Modifies clinical interventions based on population served.
- Provides patient education based on as assessment of learning needs of patient/care giver.
Fulfills all organizational requirements
- Completes all required learning relevant to the role
- Complies with and maintains knowledge of all relevant laws, regulation, policies, procedures and standards.
- Fosters a culture of improvement, efficiency and innovative thinking.
- Performs other duties as assigned
A self-starter, who is passionate about creating an exceptional patient experience, will receive top consideration. Required
We prefer if you:
- Current certification on the Minnesota Nursing Assistant Registry upon hire with the following exceptions:
- Currently enrolled in an RN program, and completion of one (1) semester of clinical rotation within the program orIf the applicant is a current Fairview employee, this requirement does not need to be maintained throughout employment and is not required if subsequently transferring into another Nursing Assistant or Nursing Station Tech or Nursing Station Attendant position
- Active Basic Life Support Certification
- Have current Nursing Assistant related experience