The Univesity of Minnesota Medical Center, located in Minneapolis, Minnesota is searching for enthusiastic Patient Care Supervisor to help oversee our Endoscopy team. The University of Minnesota Medical Center represents an integrated academic health care system and is comprised of two hospitals and dozens of adult specialty clinics on both the East and West banks of the University of Minnesota campus. It is the flagship facility of Fairview providing breakthrough medicine and transforming the health of our community.
This includes supervision of personnel and projects as delegated, including but not limited to hiring, discipline and performance evaluations. This role:
- Supervises staff on patient care unit
- Assists in managing the day-to-day or shift-to-shift operations
- Understands the importance of patient satisfaction.
- Takes action to meet customer needs.
- Acts as a role model
- Assists with managing fiscal operations of the unit
- Evaluates staffing and scheduling needs.
- Monitors budgets standards through assessment of variances and supporting action plans.
- Collaborates with Nursing and Provider leadership to implement and evaluate standards of practice
- Collects and analyzes quality data and utilizes process improvement methodology to insure deliver of safe and quality patient care
- Demonstrates skills/abilities in provision of patient care
- Creates an environment that advances evidence-based practice
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related field. If bachelors is not in nursing then must have a masters degree in nursing
- 3 years experience in area of responsibility
- Experience in inpatient hospital setting
- Current Minnesota Registered Nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Degree in nursing or related field
- Supervisory or management experience
Keywords: Management, leadership, operating room, OR, Endo, Endoscopy, PACU, Perioperative Services, Periop