Registered Nurse Nursing Home JOB-ID: 10365
Registered Nurse Nursing Home
Eustis, FL 32726
The VITAS RN is a member of the interdisciplinary team who work together to meet the physical, medical, psychosocial, emotional and spiritual needs of hospice patients and families facing terminal illness and bereavement. The VITAS RN is designated to provide coordination of care, ensure continuous assessment of each patient's and family's needs and implementation of the interdisciplinary plan of care.
Want to Learn More?
For many working in healthcare, the hospice field is a new — and rewarding — experience. Find out if it's right for you.
Hospice Career FAQs Sign Up for Career News Case Management and Supervision
- Follows VITAS policies and standards (See VITAS Standards Manual) and practices within the scope of the RN license
- Reports any request to practice outside of scope of license to the manager/supervisor
- Supervision of (VITAS employed and contracted) nursing tasks delegated to Hospice Aides, Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses (and contracted Registered Nurses) and Volunteers per the plan of care
- Completes initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments including physical, psychosocial, spiritual, and bereavement
- Appropriately identifies/utilizes resources, referrals such as PT, OT, Home Health, Dietary, Pharmacy, Supplies, Home Medical Equipment, and other visits/consults
- Completes documentation at the time of the event and at the location of care unless otherwise directed
- Provides education to patients, families, caregivers and referral sources
- Participates in patient care meetings as assigned
- Participates in weekly team meetings
- Provides effective communication/shift reports through written, verbal, reporting and body language
- Participates in bereavement support
- Participates in the on-call rotation and/or provides shifts during non-business hours such as evenings, weekends and holidays based upon program-identified needs
- Provides visits/shifts in program coverage area
- Develops, coordinates, and follows the patient's individualized plan of care
- Appropriately delegates nursing tasks to Hospice Aides/Homemakers, Volunteers, and Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses
- All factors pertinent to the patient's safety, including the competence of the Hospice Aide/Homemaker have been assessed
- Determination that this activity can be delegated safely to a Hospice Aide/Homemaker
- Connecticut -For activities other than those listed in section 1913D69(d)(3)of the Connecticut Department of Public Health delegated to a Hospice/Homemaker, the RN will document in the clinical record that:
- Provides nursing care including nursing tasks that may be delegated to other roles such as LPNs, HHAs and Volunteers
- Participates in and monitors patient and family care compliance activities
- Professionally manages/coordinates the hospice plan of care
- Provides and follows infection control practices
- Delivers care in accordance with the patient's plan of care
- Provides primary nursing care for inpatient and continuous care patients as assigned
- Participates in the Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) Program and related activities as assigned. This may include, but is not limited to
- participation in Performance Improvement Project(s) (PIP)
- Gathering clinical data which is used for quality measures
- Develops and achieves professional growth goals and objectives personally and per Team Manager reviews
- Responsible for attending orientation and regularly scheduled in-services/educational conferences as assigned
- Participates in orientation of Hospice Aides, Volunteers and other IDG members as assigned
- Participates in training activities internally within VITAS and externally as assigned
- Maintains focus on the patient and family experience of care
- Serves as a patient and family advocate
- Reports patient/family/customer complaints to Team Manager
- Participates in patient/family/customer conflict resolution as applicable.
- Represents the nursing profession, the VITAS site/location and VITAS overall in a positive manner
EDUCATIONSPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATE
- Currently licensed as a R.N. in the state where the VITAS program is located.
- A minimum of two years experience in hospice, home health, or community health experience in the last five years.
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation's leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Choose a Career with VITAS
We offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem employment opportunities. You can choose to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Employees earn competitive salaries and have the flexibility to choose a benefits package suitable to their own needs and lifestyle.