Description:Swedish Medical Center is calling for a Medical Assistant, Licensed MA-C (0.8 FTE, Day Shift) to work in the Radiosurgery Center at Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle, WA.The Medical Assistant, Licensed MA-C plays a vital role on the patient care team, demonstrating the Swedish values of patient-centered care and service; respect, caring and compassion; teamwork and partnership; continuous learning and improvement; and leadership.In this position you will:
Qualifications:Required qualifications for this position includes:
- Greet and prepare patients for the practitioner. Obtain and record vital signs and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, drug allergies, current medications and presenting problem
- Provide patient mobility assistance as necessary
- May draw blood, perform EKGs; assist with diagnostic tests and clinical procedures to appropriate level of training as established procedures
- Obtain non-invasive body fluid specimens
- Under supervision of practitioner or nurse supervisor, administer approved medications via oral, subcutaneous, intramuscular or intradermal routes
Preferred qualifications for this position includes:
- Graduate of a certified medical assistant program
- Washington State Medical Assistant Certified or Medical Assistant Interim certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers at time of hire from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN).
About the Cherry Hill Campus.
- Minimum of 1 year of medical assisting experience in a clinic setting
- Computer keyboard skills
What is now known as the James Tower at Swedish/Cherry Hill Campus was home to the first hospital in Seattle, established in 1877 by the Sisters of Providence, a Catholic charity. On July 1, 2000, the 385-bed tertiary-care center previously known as Providence Seattle Medical Center became part of the Swedish health-care system.We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
Our Mission is to improve the health and well-being of each person we serve.
Our Vision is Health for a Better World.About Us
Swedish is the largest not-for-profit health care system in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); emergency rooms and specialty center in Redmond (East King County) and the Mill Creek area in Everett; and Swedish Medical Group, a network of more than 128 primary care and specialty care locations throughout the greater Puget Sound area. Swedish employs nearly 13,000 caregivers (all employees), including nearly 1,400 providers. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we're committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.Schedule:
First Hill Arnold Bldg (WA181) 1221 Madison Seattle, 98104Req ID: