We Are Hiring
Ascension Seton Medical Center has a Clinical Pharmacist opening on their team! This role will be a backfill for critical staffing. The primary focus will be order entry and IV Lab. This is a central pharmacy role.
Work Schedule: Mainly Evenings with one weekend/month in the IV lab so IV room comfort is imperative.
Location: 1201 W 38th St, Austin, TX 78705 What You Will Do
Assure the appropriate selection, dosing, administering, and dispensing of medication orders.
What You Will Need
- Review and assess medication orders to identify, prevent and resolve potential and actual drug related problems. Recommend formulary alternatives when appropriate.
- Compound and dispense medications for accurate delivery to patients.
- Provide drug information and education to medical staff and patients.
- Communicate with physicians and other clinicians as necessary to facilitate care.
- Oversee technical personnel who assist in the preparation, maintenance, and dispensing of medications and supplies. Assist with academic functions such as serving as a preceptor for pharmacy students. May float to provide coverage of pharmacy needs.
- Provide patient counseling efficiently and effectively when required.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Licensed Pharmacist credentialed from the Texas State Board of Pharmacy.
- Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy or Doctorate of Pharmacy required.
- Pharmacy residency preferred.
IV lab certification highly preferred
3 years hospital experience preferred Why Join Our Team
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career in healthcare since 1902. We strive to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services for all. We operate more than 100 clinical locations in central Texas, including two teaching hospitals, Dell Medical School at The University of Texas and Dell Children's Medical Center, where candidates can find both career and clinical education opportunities. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, explore a career with us today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Seton is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.