We Are Hiring
Graduate of ARDMS program with registration in OB/GYN and Abdomen issued by issued by the American Registry of Diagnostic Med Sonography (ARDMS) Performs all general and/or vascular procedures/studies under the direction of the Radiologist. Experience in EHR and ability following disinfecting guidelines for equipment and procedures. Basic Life Support (BLS) issued by the American Heart Association (AHA) needs to be obtained within 6 months of hire Proficiency in all general and/or vascular sonographic procedures routinely performed and ability to use independent judgment to accurately differentiate between normal and pathologic findings. Actively and positively contributes to morale and teamwork. Ability to effectively communicate with patients and caregivers using excellent interpersonal and communication skills .Ability to prioritize, work independently and manage simultaneous assignments. Ability to be flexible in schedule.
7am or 8am start times with one second shift a week. Rotating weekend call and holiday call as scheduled. What You Will Do
Perform diagnostic procedures on patients using ultrasound waves to examine tissue and body structure, providing quality images for interpretation.
• Set up and adjust all equipment and manually maneuver transducers to perform exams.
• Implement safety standards and perform appropriate quality control procedures.
• Perform routine and complex studies and assist in a variety of imaging procedures.
• Recognize significant structures, artifacts, pathology and equipment limitations.
• Ensure equipment is properiy functioning. Report potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
• Ensure prompt submission of high quality of all images and document sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
• Assist in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
• Maintain compliance with regulatory agencies. What You Will Need
• BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date required:
• One or more of the following:
• Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Radiologic Technologist specializing in Sonography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.General Radiography is also required in addition to Sonography. State Radiology Technologist licensure issued by Wisconsin Radiography Examining Board required within 6 Months (180 days) of hire dale or job transfer date.
• Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Sonography Tech credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical certificate/degree required.
No additional preferences. Why Join Our Team
For over 170 years, Ascension Wisconsin has been providing rewarding career opportunities at 20 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Nearly 20,000 Ascension Wisconsin associates currently serve in four locations throughout Wisconsin — Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare, Ministry Healthcare, Columbia St. Mary's, and Affinity Healthcare. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.